i can alternate pick fast but when i try to tremolo i pick using my elbow and then i lose it.

so how can i tremolo with my wrist ?
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
you just have to achieve a controlled picking motion with your hand without moving away from the face of the guitar...here's a good exercise - try picking exclusively from the elbow...then, move down and pick exclusively with the wrist...then try the fingers; knowing the qualities of each will allow you to combine them to achieve the maximum amount of speed with the least amount of effort and tension

remember to start off slowly - the goal is to achieve a very controlled picking motion, slowly increasing speed
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
my problem is that i was fast but i tried this steve morse picking motion (holding the pick with 3-fingers) for bout 3 months and it had more control but it was stoping me from playing with the most speed so now i got the same problem with playing 2-fingers.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
Pretty much, practice. Eventually you'll speed up.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

I had the same problem as you, i always played tremolo picking with my elbow, but the control was horrible. So, i practice every day and studying my picking technique using only the wrist. Now i can tremolo pick (not that fast as i want to yet) at a decent speed, but that took me like 3 - 4 months and i still practicing...
me tremolo using wrist, but why you use elbow instead of wrist? isnt that not a bad habit? because on my thought we alternate pick with using wrist, and tremolo at 16th beat of speed right?
I don't know how you'd tremolo pick with your elbow. It supposed to come from your wrist, and if need be, you rest it on the body to give you some stability. Trying to play that fast from your elbow will mess up your arm in the long run. Don't do it.
never rest the wrist on any part of the guitar unless a specific technique calls for it i.e. palm muting - resting = anchoring and if you think elbow movement is limiting your speed, this will take the cake
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.