Page 1 of 2
that was actually very good.
There was a slight drop of volume in the last chorus which made me think
you were going to skip the outro solo.
Which you didn't, very good job on that one.
The intro needs a bit more clarity, try using another pick up, or maybe a slight bit of chorus.
It sounds a little bit country now instead of the crystal clear chord arpeggio's in the original.
Did you fingerpick it maybe?

Anyway, don't let the small criticism fool you, it was a superb cover.
very very good job.

could you also maybe perhaps crit mine:

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424340

thnx
That was pretty good.
Crazed Metal Guitarist/Vocalist

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Intro was very good. Your lead tone sounds a bit fuzzy to me though. Your rhythm on the main riff is superb, I always found that a really annoying riff to play properly but you nailed it. Wow that last solo blew me away, that was unreal. Great job.

could you crit mine also? (and don't go easy on me 'cause I said yours was good , I'd like to know how to make it better)
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424236

Thanks for the comments dudes, i agree with the intro it sounds too country!!
Thanks for listening
i agree the intro does sound a little country...but besides that it is wicked
Holy **** dude. Find yourself a band. That was NICE.

How did you record that. Software, website, because I am gonna do Sweet Child O Mine, and I need to find out what the best way is.

Again, WOW
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I downloaded the backing track from guitarbt.com and used audacity to record it, nothing special, the gear is Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a little Marshall Mg15cd, so nothing fancy or espectacular
The cleans are doubled so i think thats where the muddiness came from, the amp is not good tough, Marshall Mg15cd
Very nice... but after lisetning to the end solo, I can say, you've got the speed down just fine, but work on cleaning up your rhythm playing
holy crap, you must get your girlfriend to climax within seconds

but seriously, I thought that was one of the best covers i've heard. the lack of vocals didn't even occur to me. I loved the overall tone and the tone changes throughout as well not to mention you totally killed the solo guitar parts (I found it better since I didn't hear Axl screaming throughout )
most everything i thought has been said..

but i was very impressed with the outro solo, how long did you work on that before you recorded it??
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
mmm about the outro solo i just know some licks i consider important and the rest as i said is improvised but when i jam with that song i always play those licks to learn them and make the solo recognizable, because i cant play it note by note, so thats what i do basically
Thanks for listening dudes
If you want vocals, i have a site. Hold on and I will put it on this post. It teaches vocals.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...98&page=1&pp=20

There are 4 lessons. The first one IMO is the most important one. I just skimmed through the other three. It has helped a lot.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
No problem
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
It's a bit muddy...but I liked it! Awesome playing, especially on that main riff! Keep up the good work!
Ok I'm listening now...
Intro sounds country...did you play this on a banjo!?....oh ok the distortion just kicked me in the face.....nice job on the 3-1-2-3 powerchord rhythm I have trouble with it ...yeah this is pretty good man! yeah this is awesome....maybe back down on the pinch harmonics a lil bit...
the end 3-1-2-3 doesnt sound as fast as it is on the recording...ok the end solo rocks ass...

very solid - 9/10

you get...
Thefoldarsoldar's stamp of excellence!
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
nice dude. ur the first person ive ever heard play the end solo. besides slash of course. great job
Good job , I hate the sound of the backing tracks for that song though because it sounds so computer-y. Good job though I wish I could get a decent tone outta my marshall. The first intro solo had has like a 1/2 a second mess up but I wont rag. You really got the slash-y feel though I think I am going to record this song lol , I love that end solo it is asking for the improv lol. Great cover!! I think I'm going to start doing mine tomorrow!!! 5 stars
God job Ten les pauls outta ten.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Thanks for all the comments, the clean guitar is a guitar not a banjo!!
Im gonna change that soon, i sounds to country, but well at least its different!
I think that backing track is a little speedy at the beginning and with the main riff and verses so the outro seems a litttle bit slower...Anyway thanks again!
Page 1 of 2