ok ok ok ok ok ok i feel sorta stupid asking but ive only been playing like a month or two and im a slow learner at these complicated things. my questions is: theres that one music that i really need to kno how to read but it confuses me so much. its that music thats like

D E G
BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

ok that was really retarded but you should get wat im trying to say. wat i dont get it the strumming and all. like how many times do i strum D and then switch to E and so on. wen i listen to the song i still dont get it and i even watch my friends do it and it sounds so good but wen i do it, the strumming pattern is way different i guess

so my question is; How do i understand how to read that music and how do i learn strumming patterns for songs?
you just have to listen to the chord changes...ther normally one or two measures at a time and then switch...jsut listen
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
Quote by CamPie

so my question is; How do i understand how to read that music and how do i learn strumming patterns for songs?

Okay, strumming is all about the rythm.
So, a measure of music is usually in 4/4 timing. 4/4 meaning 4 notes to a beat and the quarter note gets one beat, so that would be 4 strums per measure.
Also, there are half notes, quarter notes, eighth notes, ect.
So, you always strum along with thr rythm of the measure.

So if the measure was Quarter note, quarter note, eighth note eighth note eighth note eightn note, then the strum patter would be Down, down, up down up down, because it goes with the rythm. With me so far? good.

Okay, sometimes the music will have a D or U underneath indicating wether the strum is down or up. So you just need to follow the rythm, and a little of it is finding out for yourself, but hopefully i've helped.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
okay this has helped..yes...it had helped...but one thing still remains...dont some songs hav those special strumming things where its like "down down up down up up down up down" cuz it makes the song a lot more interesting. i mean sometimes the song is so fast you cant tell wich direction their strumming.
Quote by CamPie
okay this has helped..yes...it had helped...but one thing still remains...dont some songs hav those special strumming things where its like "down down up down up up down up down" cuz it makes the song a lot more interesting. i mean sometimes the song is so fast you cant tell wich direction their strumming.

Sometimes it doesn't matter which direction they're strumming, it's just whatever is easiest to do, and sometimes you just have to wing the pattern.

-Alex.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
And you can basically come up with your own strumming pattern and variations as long as it goes with the beat, that puts your own touch on the song.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Basially you just want to get a similar sound as them, but make sure you know the chord changes are. Stay in time with them chord changes and just try to mimic the rhythm
Don't Sacrifice a Tree for the whole forest

Quote by jsxxx
just stroke up and down and experiment...find what feels right.
i cant i just read it memorize the notes then go for it try it is pretty fun.
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.