I play mostly metal, but I play alot of prog rock (tool and what not) that requires a good clean and a decent medium distortion. I was going after a 6505, but I hated the cleans. I looked at the Diezel VH4, but then again, i dont feel like spending that much. I got about 1000-1200 USD to work w/, maybe more, maybe less, whatever, I'll get it off craigslist or ebay.

So what do you suggest? I was thinking of some mesa's.

Oh, also, I'd like 3-4 different channels
Mesa Mark IV. Very very versatile amp. Nice Fendery cleans and classic mesa crunch.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Used Mesa Single Recto maybe. Marshall DSL/TSL.

I think youd actually like the 6505 if you really sat down and messed with the cleans. Its really not all that bad of a clean channel...
Maybe, well in my one guitar I just have EMGs, 81/85, so thats probably part of the problem. Hows the Mark IV in high gain stuff, the only band I know of that uses them is lamb of god.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Used Mesa Single Recto maybe. Marshall DSL/TSL.

I think youd actually like the 6505 if you really sat down and messed with the cleans. Its really not all that bad of a clean channel...

+1 with a chorus pedal
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?