Are Trayner amps any good? I want to get a good dist. sound and a decent clean sound. Some of the bands I like are Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Testament, Metal Church, Slayer, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai. I have a Gibson SG if that helps.
They are good amps, I own a YCV80. It has a decent distortion at all volume levels and a nice warm clean channel. The distortion is a little weak for some of those bands like slayer and what not, but if you have decent distortion pedal it would be good
They're also built like tanks. I have a Yorkville (parent company of Traynor) that I bought in '90 that I have just replaced. (still works fine) When I bought it, they had a 2 year unlimited warranty. That is to say that, even if I dropped it off a highway overpass and had it run over by a truck on purpose, they would replace it. Now *that* is standing behind your product. 15 years later, that amp (though serviced a couple of times) still works and looks fine.

Chris

PS. It is a Stage 150 GH head. Apparently, according to the internet, including Yorkville's own website, the product never existed. Strange.....

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
theyre not known for metal. i guess thedy be ok for it.

i'd get a peavey for metal
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2