These are some songs that I've been working on, but they're just those songs. You know, the ones where you get something good going, then you have no idea what to do next. Yeah, that's what these are. They're really rough recordings, rough meaning I haven't played most of it in a while and was too lazy to take the time to do perfect takes. They're pretty much all metalcore influenced, mainly As I Lay Dying.

http://media.putfile.com/Random-Riffs

Any suggestions are welcome.

Oh yeah, you'll need to boost the volume a bit.
Quote by ShredtoBed
Dude.
The gore of killing animals is supposed to scare you out of eating meat.
That and drop Q tuning with pig squeels

really ****ing hard to hear. But what is there sounds really good actually. I wanna hear some drums and singing on them. The recording sounds really thin too.
**** thats awesome dude... not bad... yeah wud be gr8 wid vocals and sume doble bass.. i think ithas a very lamb of god sound to it...
I would stick some drums on there, but sadly, I have no drums, which is why I really want to join a band, so I can develop on those.

Thanks for the comments.
Quote by ShredtoBed
Dude.

Unfortuanately, the only equipment I've got to record with is a crappy who-knows-how-old mic. Anyone want to suggest me a good alternative, preferably low-cost?
Quote by ShredtoBed
Dude.

One of the riffs sounds too much like this one Trivium song, forgot the name though. But overall you had some good riffs. The recording sounds way too thin. Btw I loved the Pinch Harmonics at about 2:35.
Member #16 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Last edited by Control_IsDead at Sep 1, 2006,
Oh, dammit. You're right, that riff in the first part does sound just like Like Light to the Flies!

Damn. I'ma have to change that around.

And yeah, I'm really fond of pinched harmonics. I just had to write something that sounds like a Shadows-Fall-fest.
Quote by ShredtoBed
Dude.