Do you think treble boosters are a huge plus for great tone in blues and classic rock?
Can someone describe exactly what you hear when you put a treble booster in your chain?

Thanks.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
Its basically an overdrive pedal. Only most of its boost is on the top end of your amp, great blues and classic rock tone (Tony Iommi used one when he started tuning down for more distortion and to keep the notes clear)
more treble

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
if you like the brian may clean overdrive sound then a treble booster is the way to go. It sounds like you are exciting your tube amp to break up in the very top end, giving a lot of "sparkle" to your tone.
Quote by vampwizzard
if you like the brian may clean overdrive sound then a treble booster is the way to go. It sounds like you are exciting your tube amp to break up in the very top end, giving a lot of "sparkle" to your tone.

Thats what I forgot to mention, tube amps only. Though the Vox of yours does a pretty good tube break simulation, and I've played quite a few tube amps.

If you turn it up only a little, you might get perfect cleans on the lower strings then singing blues on the upper registers. But with distortion it just screams.
Wow thanks guys. I need a treble booster . I always wondered how people got that screaming beautiful tone. Any recommendations on treble boosters?
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Screaming Beautiful tone = the amp.....
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^Yup, a treble booster won't do you much good on a Vox AD15VT, at all.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Yup, a treble booster won't do you much good on a Vox AD15VT, at all.

Damn, that sucks. I really need that scream. Hopefully an EQ pedal can help me out.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p