i am looking for a good distortion pedal to use for my alternative/emo/screamo/hardcore band. i invested in a krank distortus maximus but realized that i needed a noise suppressor with it too and i dont want to invest in that either. please give me some pedals where i can get that alternative/emo/hardcore sound?
Quote by kurdtkobaign
lol the best quicky distortion pedal is the Boss DS-1

I agree
but I don`t think it will give him the sound he´s looking for
The Boss DS-1 pedal is more of a soft green day kind of sound, at least that´s my oppinion
|| Thumbpick and a fender strat ||
Im a big fan of the Metal Muff, the Big Muff would probably be to loose and fuzzy sounding for you. Actually i think the Metal Muff sounds better than the Krank Distortus Maximus.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
rocktron silver dragon?
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Quote by sHrEdDiNgMDnEsS
i am looking for a good distortion pedal to use for my alternative/emo/screamo/hardcore band. i invested in a krank distortus maximus but realized that i needed a noise suppressor with it too and i dont want to invest in that either. please give me some pedals where i can get that alternative/emo/hardcore sound?

look into the Yamaha Magicstomp at musicians friend...i just got it and the distortions are all killer great
Probably still need a noise supressor.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Just spend the money on a noise suppressor like the NS-2 or ISP Decimator. Then you will be able to use your amp. Why spend money on a tube amp and then use a distortion pedal.
Quote by jmac72187
Just spend the money on a noise suppressor like the NS-2 or ISP Decimator. Then you will be able to use your amp. Why spend money on a tube amp and then use a distortion pedal.

Agreed.
Metal Zone
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
^No.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
big muff or ds1 or ds2
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
tube screamaer?

And may I ask oy uwhy you bought an amp if you hated the sound it made? Really, just return that amp and get a diffferent one. Or if your willing ot fidle around, maybe a set of tube will fix it, I think krank puts ruby tubes in there which aren't that great
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
If you have a tube amp, never get a distortion pedal... cmon guys!

wrong.

jesus, will you guys STOP saying that?

If you have a good distortion pedal, don't set the gain too high, it'll sound awesome through a tube amp.

Of course, if you want an OD sound, you should get an OD pedal.

But it's not a crime to use a distortion pedal through a tube amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
did this guy say anywhere that he has a tube amp? I only see he has a distortus maximus pedal unless I'm going blind, which is quite possible. What amp are you using TS?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Danelectro Fab Metal. This is an awesome metal pedal, I'd reccommend you try it out at your local store. It's cheap, reliable and cool, plus it sounds good.
Quote by Erock503
did this guy say anywhere that he has a tube amp? I only see he has a distortus maximus pedal unless I'm going blind, which is quite possible. What amp are you using TS?

good point. I still stand by what I said, though.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha, yeah, that wasn't pointed to you, just a general observation. I agree with you though Dave. I use an Xotic ac booster on my amp, and at the highest gain settings, it's acts far more like a distortion pedal than an overdrive.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^ yeah, I know- i was more arguing with the guy that I quoted, rather than saying anything about this specific thread.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?