I'm kinda suprised their's not a thread on these guys already considering their debut has been out forever, but here goes. Twilight is THE modern black metal supergroup, containing the best minds in black metal today, Wrest (Leviathan), Malefic (Xasthur), Imperial (Krieg), Hildolf (Draugar), & Azentrius (Nachtmystium).

My question is what do the metalheads of UG think of this band, & the idea of one man black metal artists getting together & forming a band.

For me, as far as the album is concerned, I enjoyed it, but find it to be average at very best, as quite often the different personalities collide quite often on the album.

Discuss.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
Some sort of sample would be good RingmasterTJ
Quote by RingmasterTJ

For me, as far as the album is concerned, I enjoyed it, but find it to be average at very best, as quite often the different personalities collide quite often on the album.

That's pretty much exactly what I think. Could never really get into them that much. Decent stuff though
i saw them in Guitar World, havent listened to them yet.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Malefic and Azentrius?

I must check it out.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I don't think they are anywhere near the best however I heard that it sounds more like a USBM compilation than a collaboration, as the tracks all sound like the original band of the writer.

The next one is supposedly going to be more like a 'band'.
I'm still surprised that there is a Black Metal Supergroup.

Totally worth a listen though, I'll be on it as soon as possible
-Mike
Yeah, i saw it in my bass guitar magazine, i think i mentioned them on here somewhere, but i didn't make a thread on it.

I managed to find some samples online, too, but i forget where.
Yea, samples are difficult to find, but go to the Southerlord website, they've got a track up there I think.

Quote by Soul Vomitor
Those are the best minds in black metal today?

Sorry, should have put in best US black metal minds today, my bad.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
Bet they really fucking regret that name now.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Dammit, I was going to bump this thread a few days ago, but I thought I'd better give the album a few more spins first.

In case people don't know, Aaron Turner from Isis is in the band now, does some weird shit on their new one too, which is a pretty good album, still need more listens though.