They seem to be good by what ive heard in recordings and they look nice but are they worth the money and which model is best ive narrowed it down to

http://guitarjapan.com/caparison/spec/dellinger_se_06.html

http://guitarjapan.com/caparison/spec/horus_06.html

which one is better for the money i really want to make sure i get the right guitar ive tried out alot of the name brand guitars and i dont really like them.
My guitars...

LTD H-1000
Epiphone Explorer
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic

Amps...

Marshall Mode Four
fender frontman possibly for sale

Quote by Pleiadian
(with active EMG-HZ pickups)
both are great but think about this. are you sure you will be putting use to the 27 frets? how many times do you really need to play above 27 frets (i regularly dont but tapping up there is freaky ****)? really dellilnger SE if you just want a guitar that can handle most of the shizznit while the horus your most likely to experiment with the upper frets
I very rarely use frets 23 -24 let alone up to 27!
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Quote by rockers73
I very rarely use frets 23 -24 let alone up to 27!

still gotta experiment its the most fun you can ever have
Aside from the frets, you also need to look at it tone wise and comfortability. The slanted neck single will give you -bassy and the high 3 strings will sound more twangy-. But 1 more advantage is that it wont disturb your picking technique if you pick in the middle.

Thats one expensive guitar, but IMO, its worth it coz every hardware is top notch, 'cept the pickups, i dunno how good stock caparisons are.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Aside from the frets, you also need to look at it tone wise and comfortability. The slanted neck single will give you -bassy and the high 3 strings will sound more twangy-. But 1 more advantage is that it wont disturb your picking technique if you pick in the middle.

Thats one expensive guitar, but IMO, its worth it coz every hardware is top notch, 'cept the pickups, i dunno how good stock caparisons are.

their quite both similar guitars and feel will vary but not by nothing much so anyway even if you by any one of those you still get a ****ing good guitar
Quote by azn_guitarist25
their quite both similar guitars and feel will vary but not by nothing much so anyway even if you by any one of those you still get a ****ing good guitar

quite* but not similar, still, there's tonal difference

ok ill admit its a ****ing good guitar but still too expensive to me ><
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
quite* but not similar, still, there's tonal difference

ok ill admit its a ****ing good guitar but still too expensive to me ><

yeh theyre quite expensive i must admit around the same price of an ESP Original Series guitar
uhuh, cant go wrong with Made in Japan guitars.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
First, those are both sweet guitars. But, you aren't spending that much to buy a guitar because your favorite band uses them are you?
Quote by into the moat
wheres the pickup selector switch on the horus

volume knob is a push/push so that you switch between bridge and neck pickup
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
IMO, you can get a guitar that is just as good with a much smaller price tag. It would even allow for a pickup swap!

An Ibanez RG, or something of the sort, comes to mind!

yeh but do ibanez rg have mahogany body, do they have the heel cut, do they have schaller trems, do they come in h/s/s or h/s, do they even have 27 frets. hey you can swap pickups on Caparison guitars even though they use an unconventional method its still possible.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
^Yes, mine has a mahogany body

Yes, they can come in slightly different pickup configurations...

No, they don't have 27 frets, but one can definitely live without that....IMO of course,

And the floyds on quality RGs are amazing!

heel cut? 27 frets i cant live without them. well if they do come in different pickup configuration lets see one with humbucker in the bridge and a slanted single coil pickup in the neck
The heel cut is just the same as AANJ.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Dunno, looks the same to me
Caparison -
Ibanez AANJ -

Probably the caparison's one is a bit more rounded thru the middle.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
The 2nd one with the binding is the Ibanez
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
yeh i realized that. and mad you realised that with the caparison you hand can go all the up the cut as well. its much like Nuno Bentocurt washburn sig
SE trans dark rose = sex
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
If I was given a choice between a Dellinger and, say, RGT220/320, I'd pick the former just because the price is very comparable, but everyone and their cousin has an RG (or two! ), and I'd prefer a bolt-on neck to the pickups sitting in a block of maple neck-thru.

Quote by guitarjapan.com
...is a standard guitar with 24 flets...

Engrish?
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Funny thing is that all of my electrics are dark red. I don't do it on purpose. I just noticed it.
Quote by pifty
If I was given a choice between a Dellinger and, say, RGT220/320, I'd pick the former just because the price is very comparable, but everyone and their cousin has an RG (or two! ), and I'd prefer a bolt-on neck to the pickups sitting in a block of maple neck-thru.

Engrish?

ummm all Caparisons are Bolt on (except for Angelus Sig, few super strats, TAT Iceberg which is a neck thru) and theyre all mahogany
i always wanted to play a delinger but cant find a place that carries them, i see alot of bands play them they seem comfortible and have a nice sound but i dont buy unless i play
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh i realized that. and mad you realised that with the caparison you hand can go all the up the cut as well. its much like Nuno Bentocurt washburn sig

oh rly, kool~
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
oh rly, kool~

What you did to the English language, I'm going to do to your mom.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
ummm all Caparisons are Bolt on (except for Angelus Sig, few super strats, TAT Iceberg which is a neck thru) and theyre all mahogany

Which is precisely what I was saying: Dellinger's bolt on + mahogany > RGT's neck-thru + mahogany. Mmm.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Fender Strat and definately the Marshall. I have the marshall head and it is bad. The Fender Strat has a skinny neck which i really like, i play the lead though, for rythm i would prefer the Epiphone.
Quote by pifty
Which is precisely what I was saying: Dellinger's bolt on + mahogany > RGT's neck-thru + mahogany. Mmm.

ah my bad sorry bro

edit:
Quote by rocker8
Fender Strat and definately the Marshall. I have the marshall head and it is bad. The Fender Strat has a skinny neck which i really like, i play the lead though, for rythm i would prefer the Epiphone.

try posting in the correct thread next time