hey, im looking for a new a guitar, preferably with a floyd rose and EMGs, i play stuff like metal and hardcore, anyone got any ideas for me?
thanks, help appreciated
Is 2000 aud for amp and guitar?

I would concentrate more cash on a decent amp, not a AVT I'm afraid.

A good Ibanez should suit well.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
under 2000 just for the guitar, and how much do DSL401 cost around? and are schecters or ESP's any good?
Quote by anithero
under 2000 just for the guitar, and how much do DSL401 cost around? and are schecters or ESP's any good?

DSL401 should be able to get one for just under $1500aud. and both are good but ESP's are always going to be the better choice
Quote by azn_guitarist25
DSL401 should be able to get one for just under $1500aud. and both are good but ESP's are always going to be the better choice

wrong man, I love ESPs, but ESPs, not ltds....lower end schecters over lowe end esps in a second..even some of schecters higher models..just depends on which were talkin
Quote by d_byrne23
wrong man, I love ESPs, but ESPs, not ltds....lower end schecters over lowe end esps in a second..even some of schecters higher models..just depends on which were talkin

err you realise when you say low end ESP your talking about the ESP Standard Series because that is literally the lowest class of ESP you can get.
My Schecter is ****ING sick! Its great for metal and is in your budget. A pair EMG's would make it sound perfect.
Guitar wise, you kinda described a C-1 Hellraiser FR lol. And I can see why people are knocking on the AVT but really, that amp isn't that bad (I like mine!) No it can't compare to a DSL 401, but that amp (here at least) is $800 MORE than the AVT (I'm talking in Canadian dollars here too We get ripped off when it comes to instruments)!! try to play everything (amp and guitar) BEFORE purchasing to make sure it's what you want, then go for it.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by onemanarmy9
Guitar wise, you kinda described a C-1 Hellraiser FR lol. And I can see why people are knocking on the AVT but really, that amp isn't that bad (I like mine!) No it can't compare to a DSL 401, but that amp (here at least) is $800 MORE than the AVT (I'm talking in Canadian dollars here too We get ripped off when it comes to instruments)!! try to play everything (amp and guitar) BEFORE purchasing to make sure it's what you want, then go for it.

he also described a ESP M-II, ESP M-III
^ yah, just noticed that (I'm not familiar at all with ESP's so I didn't know which ones he described, I just knew he described some). I only stated what I knew well, which was Schecters (I also know Gibsons, but those won't fit his needs at all lol).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Ashdown Fallen Angel
ESP Phoenix
Unless you're a bass player, don't get an Ibanez... I'd say either a Jackson or Schecter. I adore the Schecter Hellraiser Avenger. I almost peed my little pants when they came out with that one.
^ we need more people like you. Thank you! (note, this is for refuting the suggestion of Ibanez). Threadstarter, you got any guitar stores near you, cause it sounds like you need to make a trip to a few. Go try some guitars out and get one you like.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Ashdown Fallen Angel
ESP Phoenix