Poll: VoxAD50VT or MarshallDSL401 combo
Poll Options
View poll results: VoxAD50VT or MarshallDSL401 combo
Vox
4 15%
Marshall
23 85%
Voters: 27.
Sorry, I have to ask,before i try them(i will!) I'd like you to write the one which is better for: mostly rock,hardrock and blues,some clean and metal. I have been playing for 1 year,thus nieve to amp quality to some extent,so before i try them id appreciate your lnowledge.That's all.
Marshall dsl 401
Vox AD50VT
DSL hands down, the vox isn't tube.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Not really a fair comparsion; the Vox is half the price of the Marshall.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Depends. I'd sooner have the Vox, because i'm not really one to sell my major organs for a Marshall. But if you could get the Marshall for the price as the Vox i'd snatch that up right away.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
DSL omg like that was a hard choice in the first place

I know, but there has been so much good feedback in forums about both amps ,(moreso the vox than the marshall), I thought hang on a minute,i want the marshall but the vox is £220! If the vox is as good as people are saying it is,then for half the price i'd be stupid not to buy it. That's why i have this poll, to clarify the standings!
Quote by tristan123/
I know, but there has been so much good feedback in forums about both amps ,(moreso the vox than the marshall), I thought hang on a minute,i want the marshall but the vox is £220! If the vox is as good as people are saying it is,then for half the price i'd be stupid not to buy it. That's why i have this poll, to clarify the standings!

yeh but tube amps > any other amps
To add, as the vox is half the price, what is best value. The marshall may not be twice as good,which is why i WILL try them out
IMO, if you're gigging and you know you're after "That Marshall Sound" then DSL all the way. If you're not sure what you want out of your sound and you're mainly just practising on your own and occasionally with other musicians then the Vox will be a better idea, especially as you'll be saving money.

Oh and GAK has the Vox for £194.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by azn_guitarist25

Do u mean do I want a ss amp?
Oh and GAK has the Vox for £194.
yea, i noticed. I'll just find somewhere to test them both.ATEOTD,i just want a value for money amp which is:

1)versatile
2)cool tones
3) Lasting
4)Good value
Quote by azn_guitarist25

I disagree, I had an Epiphone Valve Junior combo for a little while and really disliked it. I know that's an exception as it's a £99 tube amp, but still, what you're saying isn't always true.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Are you going to be gigging Tristan?
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
No as I don't have a band together yet. However I'd like it to last a good 3-4 yrs. Who knows by then,but not yet,no. So i guess the vox then?
I would go with the Marshall if you want it to last that long personally.
Its a pure valve amp after all. Don't get me wrong these hybrids and modelling amps are great for practising at home, I use one for that (Well a POD) I just don't think they can compare yet live.

There seems to be some nice tones on that Vox though, why don't you go and try both.
Theres a Sound Control in Bristol, I think they do both, I would try a Laney Combo as well personally its a similar price to the Marshall also have a look whats available second hand, If you don't want to buy anything for a good few years then you need to try a lot of stuff.
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Laney 4x12 Cab
Thanks rockers, there is a music shop near me, where i'm buying my guitar from,they have loads of laney's in there,funnily enough when i was testing the guitar i'm ordering,it was on a laney tube,but i didn't pay alot of attention to the sound. I just don't know alot about em,but do some research etc. Appreciate your contributions.
No worries mate. Always willing to help, I know how frustrating it is to get a good tone especially when you haven't the experience or the cash.
If they have loads of Laney's there then give them a good going over as well. I use a Laney 4x12 cab and its great. I used to use a AOR100 head as well and I really rated that head, I did'nt even need a overdrive or distortion pedal with it and I played metal/trash. It was a quality unit. If I was looking to get another amp Laney would definately be on my list.
But try a few things.
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Laney 4x12 Cab
Hybrid or tube...hybrid or tube.....hybrid or tube......Hmm though one.........
Quote by False_God
Hybrid or tube...hybrid or tube.....hybrid or tube......Hmm though one.........

decent hybrid £195........decent tube £400.........hmmm tough one.
LOL, two people actually voted for Vox on this one...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?