I hear people on this site always saying to avoid ltd's because they are a complete waste of money and they are poorly made etc etc.
I own an LTD H-300 and have to say that i have no idea how people could think this.
After I replaced the stock pickups with an Emg 81/60 set this thing sang. I looks, feels, and sounds like a very well made guitar. Does anyone else have any playing experience with this guitar? What are your thoughts?
apparently anything under a 400 , or old 300 is bad, but too be honest ive played cheap ass guitars and they aren't bad, they're just not a competitor for high end guitars, they don't play the same and feel the same, that said they still play! I reckon a professional guitarist good use an LTD 50 and soudn better than 99% of the people on this forum including me with my 2005 / 500 LTD.

The concern with low end LTDs is body wood, mahogany seems to be the thing of choice and i think the lower end LTD's have agathis construction - which apparently doesn't mesh well with EMG Actives.
Marty
I dont like the Agathis body on their lower end models (below 400). The clean isnt good and you can only get good sound by masking it with plenty of distortion (EMGs, ect.).
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I see. Just to let you know though my h-300 is a mahogany set neck. Not agathis.
Quote by soad1987
I see. Just to let you know though my h-300 is a mahogany set neck. Not agathis.

well theres your answer. btw what amp do you use?
cube 60 and boss mt2 metalzone pedal.
So i guess my ltd sounds better than most give it credit for because of the wood it is made with.
Yes, wood still makes up the tone of your guitar, along with amp and pickups.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Low end LTDs aren't that good and they essentially ride the LTD reputation to warrant their prices. The sub-300 models are made in Indonesia out of cheap materials, whereas the old 300 and new 400 series are KOrean-made and are quality instruments.

And the only real weak point on the old 300 series were those ****ty EMG-HZ H1 pickups. For guitars that were always geared towards metal and more extreme forms of music, those were a lousy choice of pickups. The HZ H4s would have been a much better choice and would have cost the exact same to the company. I'm glad they decided to go for EMG active and real Duncans on the new 400 series.

So yeah, there's nothing wrong with a good LTD. It's the lowest end models that are iffy guitars. They're good starter instruments, but you can get much better bang for your buck elsewhere.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor