alright this was in the pit but it got closed

anyways let me sum it up I CANT DO FAST VIBRATO...IN ANY WAY

raaa its pissing me off soo much...ive been practising for the last hour (and year or so basically) trying to get a nice quick vibrato (the kind that you need for a pinch harmonic to really squeal) and I still can get my hand to pivot right or whatever

I can do a peftect slow wide vibrato and a really fast classical (dosent sound as good when playing metal and pinch harmonics obviously) and thats about it...I just cant get my wrist to shake fast enough or my finger to move fast enough or whatever (and trust me ive tried EVERY way)

like is it normal for some players to experience lots of difficulty...cause on youtube and that **** everyone seems to pull it off nicely
I can't do a fast vibrato, either. I don't really mind not being able to play it fast, though.
How do you vibrato? I see songs all the time that use this and i try to do it but i always thought i needed a pedel or somthing?
Quote by RisenfromHell69
How do you vibrato? I see songs all the time that use this and i try to do it but i always thought i needed a pedel or somthing?

either a use your fingers and move the note :P or use a tremelo bar
Vibrato is hard. You just need to practice it. Don't worry, you'll eventually be able to do it.

Quote by RisenfromHell69
You shake the string.
a way to do it is to rock your right hand using the bit in between your thumb and index. this way you get a rocking motion which moves the string
By right hand im guessing he means left......unless he is left handed of course!!!
Quote by Lordoflax
a way to do it is to rock your right hand using the bit in between your thumb and index. this way you get a rocking motion which moves the string

I can do that obviously...I mean really fast **** where their hand looks like its going into a seizure

Just practise alot i guess?
For vibrato on pinch harmonics, I like to use my ring finger and bend with my finger joints. That might be a bit easier. If you want to be able to do it faster, maybe try downtuning a bit? That would lower the tension on the strings and make them easier on your wrist. If not, I guess the only real way is to practice.
Quote by ShredtoBed
Dude.
The gore of killing animals is supposed to scare you out of eating meat.
That and drop Q tuning with pig squeels

You might want to try and do it Clapton-style, and separate your hand from the neck, and just have your fingers on the fretboard.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.