Some guy is selling one of these for $550.. heres the ad:

Marshall 1/2 stack, artist 3203 tube head, 4x10 slant cabinet, oth exc.condition,
$550 obo

i was just wondering if anyone could tell me about this amp? i googled it and didnt really get much, but i got the impression that this is a solid state amp, but i really have no idea.. help??? is it a decent amp, or are there better options?

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Well seems nice. The artists are hybrids though, but they have a tube power amp and will sound more very tube like.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
My friend owns one of them and it sounds incredible. If I were you, I'd jump on it.
Quote by Gabel
Well seems nice. The artists are hybrids though, but they have a tube power amp and will sound more very tube like.

Can you explain? Sorry, I don't know much about amps..

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Well most hybrids out there have a pre amp tube in the pre amp. This is just a marketing scheme (since people will belive it sounds like tube amps), but the artsits has a tube power amp, which means it sound very much like tube amp.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Sounds like a great deal, although I tend to dislike 10" speakers for guitar. But that's just me. If I had the cash and was looking for an amp, I'd get it/
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
can someone tell me how much wattage this amp has? or can it vary?

Quote by richwatkinson
wasnt this amp what the TSL was based after or am i mistaken?
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
I have a question about the amp.

Does the boost channel act like a gain channel or is the boost literally a boost of volume to gain and/or clean?
It's a gain channel. They just call it boost channel.

No the TSL ain't based on this
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band