After doing a search on the forum, I was really shocked to find the only results were one where I had mentioned him and one was a tab request (which I've now also replied to). I thought Ralph was regarded as one of (if not the) the greatest folk songwriters and guitarists of the 20th century. I recently picked up a best of CD after a long time searching for some of his albums (other than this CD, the only record I own is a 7" single of "Streets of London" with the B-Side "Summer Lightning"). If you don't know him for anything else, it will be for his folk hit "Streets of London", which is probably my all time favourite folk song. Favourite songs would have to be:
Streets Of London
Summer Lightning
Hesitation Blues
Clown
Michael in the Garden
Kew Gardens
The Mermaid and The Seagull
England 1914
Little Girl on a Bicycle

Any other fans out there? And what are your favourite songs? (I should hope there are some other fans)
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Getting ready to Pandora him. I'll let you know in a bit.

EDIT: Nice! Listening to Spiral Staircase. I likes! I have to check out more. Thanks.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Last edited by Liam Alan at Aug 31, 2006,
Yeah, he did some really good stuff. My mum's a reasonably big fan and one of her highlights in her life was spotting him at the airport when we once dropped my dad off.

Anyway.....

My dad has a ticket to see him soon and get a free four disc box set of his stuff, my mum really wants to go as well so she can meet him but it's a work thing where they're trying to gain promotion from the Beeb so tickets are limited. Would be good to see though I think.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Liam Alan
Getting ready to Pandora him. I'll let you know in a bit.

EDIT: Nice! Listening to Spiral Staircase. I likes! I have to check out more. Thanks.

No problem, Spiral Staircase is a cool song.

I wish I could go see him live. I'll have to see when he's coming near me.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.