Yardbirds?
Gear
MIM Stratocaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickups
VOX Valvetronix AD15
BOSS Blues Driver
VOX V847 Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
No, do not get Beck-Ola. I don't know why people recommend it all the time, it is an enormous step down from Truth. Anyhow, Beck has dabbled in a wide variety of styles, so I would try the following albums for a beginner. They are all very different, so you can't go wrong with at least one of them.

- Truth
- Blow by Blow
- Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop
- Who Else!
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Other than that, they do no harm. Unless you play a seriously crappy game, you know, like Glover. He was a ****ing glove. Seriously.
Actually, Yes, get Beck-Ola.
Here's what you should get:

Truth - Jeff Beck Group
Beck-Ola - Jeff Beck Group
Wired - Jeff Beck
Blow By Blow - Jeff Beck
There And Back - Jeff Beck
Jeff - Jeff Beck

Also get Yardbirds material, to me he was the best guitarist that band ever hand.
Quote by ledhed68
get his album Truth and Beck-Ola

Quote by FreewayJam

- Truth
- Blow by Blow
- Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop
- Who Else!

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

Truth - Jeff Beck Group
Beck-Ola - Jeff Beck Group
Wired - Jeff Beck
Blow By Blow - Jeff Beck
There And Back - Jeff Beck
Jeff - Jeff Beck

Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Just get any Jeff Beck cd. I have Blow by Blow, Truth, Beck-ola, and Jeff... and they are all different, yet they all kick ass in their own unique way.

Quote by get-born
truth, beckola, blow by blow and wired...

So what does all this nonsense translate to?

Start with Truth.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Other than that, they do no harm. Unless you play a seriously crappy game, you know, like Glover. He was a ****ing glove. Seriously.
Beck Bogert Appice is definatley one of his best. As for The Yardbirds, he played on Havin' a Rave Up, which has a little bit of God's guitar work as well and Roger the Engineer. I believe he have played on some of the one after Roger the Engineer, but Jimmy Page was on that one, so Hell with it. And stay away from his new stuff, it's techno.

In all you're gonna need
Havin' a Rave Up
Roger the Engineer
Truth
Beck-ola
The Jeff Beck Group
Beck Bogert Appice
Blow by Blow
Wired
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by ufossuck
And stay away from his new stuff, it's techno.

Actually, a lot of his new stuff is quite good. Yeah, it's difficult to accept after the sort of things he's done in the past, but it's a fresh new direction, and I'd rather he go with that than rehash Blow By Blow over and over again. Out of his three recent albums...

- Who Else! - The one I recommended, his best recent album by a mile. Great melding of his past musical motifs with new production and electronica overtones that work amazingly well. I imagine it was difficult for a lot of hardcore Beck fans to get into, but a very rewarding album nonetheless.

- You Had It Coming - Ugh...with a few exceptions, avoid this album at all cost. Takes all the brilliance of the previous one and grinds it to nothing but some abrasive metallic beats. Even what little of Beck's past genius comes through on this album is a been there-done that affair. I only got this album so who knows, I may grow to like it, but right now...eh...

- Jeff - His most recent album, sort of a mix between the previous two. Worth getting as it has some standout tracks, even a few that surpass anything on WE! (Seasons). Nevertheless many throwaway tracks as well make it a mixed bag. Still a very good album by any other standards though.

You know what I love about Jeff Beck? I honestly can't think of anyone else whose body of work is so diverse. He is the one artist with whom there truly is no defining album, since he's done so many different things. So...I think that's enough recommendations for now. Let the guy try out some of the albums we've mentioned and see what he likes the most. It's different for everyone.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Get Truth.
Thats what I have and its pretty good.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton