i have a jackson rr30 that i just did a bunch of mods on (kilswitch, two coiltaps), and i was wondering how to make the pickups hotter without getting new ones. i know i can raise the pickups, but what else can i do?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
what the hell's an afterburner?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
It works with passives too. An EMG Afterbrurner is a push/pull that adds 20 decibels of gain to your pickups. You could do that or just light them on fire.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
No, it works with any passive or active pickup.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Put it lighter on it, mine are so hot that I can fry an egg on them, wouldn't that be a great idea to do on a gig? Crack an egg onto your pickups, fry it and eat it.
does the after burner replace a pot or do i need to make a new hole?
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
Quote by spanerman
does the after burner replace a pot or do i need to make a new hole?

Depends if you want to keep your tone pot or not.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
What about the Seymour duncan pickup booster pedal? it's optimized for duncans but i see it workin with anything, all it does is buffer the signal and add some gain twhich is basically what you want.
Marty
that afterburner sounds like a good idea. but im broke right now due to many different projects.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
hhmm that seymour duncan pickup booster looks like the love child of a volume pedal and a EQ pedal, and then it was abondend and adopted my a seymour duncan pickup, and it said "You'll grow up to be something great"

but it might just be what you need,