hey guys i want to start to play the electrical guitar until now i was
an ethusiastically classical player and will keep doing it but now
i also want to try the electrical one what are the differences,
and how much does ususally an good electrical guitar cost?
differences. much more control over the set up of your guitar compared to classical, different strings, and you need an amp to be able to fully use the electric guitar. how much does a good one cost probably around 250usd
Electric is more well er... streamlined, in general. Neck will feel alot thinner, body is more comfy, more frets, the strings are easier to bend and fret. etc.

Depends what you're looking for.
If you want a decent guitar that wont burn a hole in your pocket then...

Ibanez RG321 is about $280
Better if you just want to stick from heavy rock onwards.

Squier 51 is about $150
Awesome guitar, very versatile, covers alot of styles. Has won a crap load of awards.

Yamaha Pacifica 112 about $200
Another personal favourite. I love this guitar. Well worth it, very versatile.

Bear in mind you'll need a decent amp.
thanks guys at all but in general can i play with my nails also the electrish guitar?
Quote by Juan89
thanks guys at all but in general can i play with my nails also the electrish guitar?

not really. though you can but generally most people play with a pick
how difficult is it to use a pick are there any things you have to notice
Play whatever way feels best to you, plenty of players use their fingers, ala mark knopfler.
[Ibanez SZ320MH
BOSS SD-1, BOSS CE-5, BOSS CS-3, Crybaby Wah
Laney LC30

Quote by WantToLearn
i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water
Quote by Cannaton
Play whatever way feels best to you, plenty of players use their fingers, ala mark knopfler.

Who is a God. Just start practising with a pick and eventually it'll become second nature.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by Juan89

no, youll shred your nails to bits on the steel strings, picking takes some getting used to but for the most part inst that difficult, youll be using your wrist a lot more.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You can pick with your nails on electric. In fact, it will probably give you more control and better response. I find picks very limiting.

The biggest difference you will notice is the sound of the electric guitar. You can manupulate the sound a lot more.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

What type of guitar you wanna play depends on the song you wish to play... Electric is way more fun to me ^^. classical is limited..
so to play with your nails is in general not so good but you can of course.
on a electrical guitar you mostly play songs but when you for example want to improvise and there are fast passages it´s easier to use your nails or?
i'd suggest getting picks anyway and practicing scales with picks at the start. a lot of great, moody clean riffs can be accomplished with finger picking, but solo's often demand the tremolo picking ability that picks give you. i started off finger picking, but now i love my pick, actually i love both, sometimes i'll be playing rough and my pick will fly out of my hand and i'll continue with finger picking.
Marty
Quote by BingYao
What type of guitar you wanna play depends on the song you wish to play... Electric is way more fun to me ^^. classical is limited..

classical isnt limited i love playing classical maybe even more than playing an electric guitar
this was exactly what i thought before i played electric. electric is definitely more comfy and easier to manipulate in terms of sound. fingerpicking on an electric will feel really weird due to the strings being closer and being metal but it isnt impossible, i think mark knopfler fingerpicks most of his songs but u shld learn to use a pick too. picks have a more consistent attack on the strings compared to fingerpicking and makes the stuff cleaner IMO. and i feel that its much harder to mute open strings with fingerpicking during solos though, and IMO it doesnt sound that nice with distortion.
Last edited by suckasucks at Sep 1, 2006,
But when for example you doesn´t find a band is it useful to play the electric guitar
it´s not so much fun isn´t it? I think the electric guitar is for a band or ?