Hey guys, I've been playing electric guitar for about 4 or 5 months now with guitar lessons ever since I've started. At my lessons, my teacher and I always play sitting down, and I've always played that way as well. Can any of you guys give me some tips on how to get used to playing the guitar standing up because I'm finding it kind of difficult to get used to.
don't lower the strap very far play where it's comfortable it doesn't matter how you look
if at first you dont succeed....FAILURE MUST BE YOUR STYLE
Well adjust your strap to the height your guitar is when you are sitting

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
^ yep, or if you prefer to have the guitar lower then it's just practice
use the strap and have it so that the body is right about your stomach area. after a while, lower it justa bit and keep practicing. It's cool when play standing up. I personally like standing up better.
EMO
The protagonist sees the dragon and moans about how hard it will be to get the princess to fall in love with him, he gets eaten. The princess is very happy, because he was a whiny fag anyway.

Quote by kanguuu
its old, good, but old lol
Quote by tamargoguitar
Well adjust your strap to the height your guitar is when you are sitting

TG

nono, it looks silly. Then you can just sit. but don't have it too far down.
well yes, but u start with it higher then lower it a little each week or so.
until ur able to play the chords and still get them to ring out correctly.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
haha yeah I've got this problem recently, its so much different, hard to see the strings as well and sliding sounds like crap for me but I think it makes me play faster because it's more wrist than arm unlike when I sit down, but yeah, guess its just practice as usual, remember how foreign a guitar felt to hold when you first started?
i uhh...actually started stanind up with my guitar down at my pelvic area...lmao. no lessons or anything. i got used to it eventually.

but honestly, do what everyone else is saying...start it where its comfy for you. then slowly work your way down.
Quote by ACpyroDC
Hey guys, I've been playing electric guitar for about 4 or 5 months now with guitar lessons ever since I've started. At my lessons, my teacher and I always play sitting down, and I've always played that way as well. Can any of you guys give me some tips on how to get used to playing the guitar standing up because I'm finding it kind of difficult to get used to.

when i was in lessons i started the same way (which was only a year) but when i stopped taking them i started listening to the music i was listening to and watched some of the videos and just watch how they did it and im telling u it is not very easy to get use to but when u do u will love it!!!
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
Quote by DehumanizeR

Would you rather look silly and play good? or look awesome, get all the chicks, but play bad?

yeah I think I answered my own question

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
well, im just gonna say what evrybody else said pretty much lol.. Well i adjust my strap kinada high, and i find no trouble whatsoever playing standing up
Don't fell like a goof for having your guitar too high...I know another player who plays with it high

Try calling B.B. King goofy....better yet try calling him. If I had 1 hr with lucille, you bet Id have that strap high...just so i could give her a nice sloppy kiss.

The Rev
At the very least, start high. If it's uncomfortable, slowly lower the strap and get used to the ergonomics of that.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Does your guitar neck have fret marks so when you stand up, you can just look down besides leaning your guitar so you can see the marks under the strings? It dosn't sound like it makes sense, but if your playing power chords and stuff, you can sing and play standing up without really having to look down to see what frets you are on. You might be a fret or so behind but no one sounds perfect at a concert, no matter who they are.
Quote by DehumanizeR

You're saying Tom Morello looks silly?

Well, maybe, but it obviously works.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...