Page 1 of 2
Well I play all sort of things from funk to metal and everything in between.
I want the wah to be good on both dist and clean. I don't really have a budget but Il say about 200 US dollars about I'd guess.
If you can find/afford it an Ibanez WH10.

If you cant.. Either a 535Q like ^

or a Vox Clyde McCoy.
Well.. Metallica loads of shred. funk: what I make up on my own
Point is I want it to go exremly high gained but yet have beatiful clean sweeps
Im also a total noob when it comes to wah pedals
I recommend the Vox 487 or Clyde McCoy.

Most people would say that the Clyde is better, but personally I tried both and like the 487 more.

Don't go dunlop. Vox would be better for funk. Ibanez Weeping Demon Would be better for metal.
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
Quote by Matticuss22
,...or a Vox Clyde McCoy.

+1
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
But the weeping demon won't be that good for cleans right?
And the vox won't be good for high gained fist, am I right?
Well Im a noob when it comes to wah's but 1 thing I know for sure.
That is don't buy a dunlop when your budget is 200 US dollar
Quote by Iliketapping
Well Im a noob when it comes to wah's but 1 thing I know for sure.
That is don't buy a dunlop when your budget is 200 US dollar

I guess that's true.
So far I've only got bad suggestions.
Remember I want it for both clean and extrem high gain.
Vox V847
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
I'd reccomend a Teese wah, the Wizard is generally good for higher gain stuff (it doesn't get muddy) but it tends to disapoint clean IMO. The picture is like an old vox if you're into that kinda thing. The RMC1 is probably best for you though, it'll cover a lot of ground without the inflated price tag of the 3 or 2. (The wizard and RMC1 are $185 from analog man, you could probably get a better deal somewhere else though.)

The BudWah is good too, but very vocal and some people don't get on with it. If you take a generic "crybaby" sound it goes "wa...wah....wawawawa" but a budwah goes "wow...owowow...wowowow" If you understand that? The sweep is sorta deeper and slower than a crybaby. Personally I don't like them for metal though.

EDIT: Actually what pickups/guitars do you use? If you use high output buckers the RMC1 may not go down well, one of the other Teese wahs may be better.
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Well right now I have a Squier strat with a squier amp. BUT Im going to order a Genz Benz El Diablo C this tuesday. Sooner or later Im also gonna get myself a Gibson Les Paul Standard
Thign is also I live in Europe, Sweden Will I be able to get the wahs you are talking about from a store?
What about Morleys then? Ive heard good things about the Bad Horsie and Power wah's

Is it possible to have long slow sweeps and short fast sweeps in the same wah pedal?
Last edited by Iliketapping at Sep 1, 2006,
I have the Vox 487 and it seems to cut through metal fine, and it's cleans are amazing.

Morley Bad Horsie 2's are also great, but don't have the cleans that the vox does.
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
Really? do you use it with the tripple recto?
And if the vox can handle metal. Wich one of them is best? `Clyde or classic?
Jim Dunlop Zak Wylde Wah- well worth the money
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I've said it once and Il say it again I will not spend my money on some dunlop overpriced artist serie( I love Zakk though). With the money I have I could almost get something boutique.
Get a Dunlop Classic Cry Baby. I love the thing. Imo its the best wah pedal I have tried.
Quote by Iliketapping
Really? do you use it with the tripple recto?
And if the vox can handle metal. Wich one of them is best? `Clyde or classic?

I really prefer the vox with the the Fender, simply because of the cleans...but running it through the Triple Recto, it still sounds amazing...

Most people on here will probably say get the Clyde. I personally tried both and like the classic more...I actually would have loved to get a 486 original...
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
How it the vox if you raise the gain on the triple real bad?
How does it sound? Does it handle the distortion well?
weeping demon is great for solos, with distortion, and it seems to work pretty good with cleans, although if you sweep too much it makes crackling noises or something on clean
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Well Im kinda leaning to the VOX atm but how are the Morley ones can anyone recommend me a nice Morley that would suit me? (2 things Im sure on. I will not get a Dunlop or a Ibanez wah)
Get a Zakk Wylde wah. If you look around you can get the price down. I paid £80 for mine brand new and i think it reatails at a lot more. The normal Crybaby was availible for £60 so that gives you an idea. Definitely worth the extra £20,

We get hammered/ ripped off in England due to the strength of the pound so if you live in USA you will probably pay near that in $ which is about half price. Sound of the ZW is amazing, lovely throAaty sounds and i believe the hard metal look of it beats that of the chrome vox variant. I'm not as big on the metal genre as i am classic rock either, love it.
Oh bloody hell stop giving me suggestions on the dunlop pedals. Overpriced for the same price I could get something boutique.
^ LOL, ignorant bastards aren't they.

4 words (suggested before, although it was probably hard to see with all the dunlop and vox suggestions) Fulltone... Clyde... Standard... Wah. It's a little more ($239), but well worth it. My friends older brother has one and it sounds so damn sweet clean or distorted.

http://fulltone.com/stpframe.html

They also have the deluxe version that's $289 that may be better for you since it has a gain control knob, which would probably be good for the higher gain music you play.

Hai UG!
Thank you! finally someone who can a proper suggestion
Yet I would like some facts on the morley power wah etc etc
Last edited by Iliketapping at Sep 2, 2006,
Quote by TheAmishOne
I recommend the Vox 487 or Clyde McCoy.

Most people would say that the Clyde is better, but personally I tried both and like the 487 more.

Don't go dunlop. Vox would be better for funk. Ibanez Weeping Demon Would be better for metal.

Clyde McCoy x3
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
^ Yeah the Clydes are actually really great wah's for the price. But I wouldn't get the v847 if you had $200 to spend. But the Clyde is very good.

I have no experience with the morley's, but if they have the "electro-optical design" in the list of features keep away. They use that instead of a pot and it doesn't sound good or smooth. If you're doing slow transistions from toe to heel/heel to toe, it sounds like it's going in steps.
Hai UG!
Quote by L_Z_Nut
^ LOL, ignorant bastards aren't they.

4 words (suggested before, although it was probably hard to see with all the dunlop and vox suggestions) Fulltone... Clyde... Standard... Wah. It's a little more ($239), but well worth it. My friends older brother has one and it sounds so damn sweet clean or distorted.

They also have the deluxe version that's $289 that may be better for you since it has a gain control knob, which would probably be good for the higher gain music you play.

Everything by fulltone is overpriced, the Teese wahs beat them in every way possible (and most they are cheaper on the whole.) They have specially wound inductors with a mu-metal shield (on newer ones) so you get no interference. They're alos more versatile.

The Budwah is also better than the fulltone IMO but may not be suited for everyone due to the strange sweep.

Oh and I had a power wah (regular not tremonti) and it was as muddy as hell, with a few mods it sounds nice but stock it's not so good. Especially for "wacka ocka" sorta stuff. EDIT: I'd disagree with the "going in steps thing" though, they're much nicer to use than a pot design IMO, my only problems with it was the tone.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Well I'm just speaking from experience. I thought is was a damn good pedal, and it's very solid. Never tried a teese or budwah, but I hear they're great aswell. I do agree with you that Fulltone is overpriced though.
Hai UG!
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Well I'm just speaking from experience. I thought is was a damn good pedal, and it's very solid. Never tried a teese or budwah, but I hear they're great aswell. I do agree with you that Fulltone is overpriced though.

Aye! If fulltone knocked $50 or so from each of their pedals they'd be one of my favourite brands. As it stands they're just plain too expensive for the features they have.

Saying that everything gear related is overpriced.

Yeah, that would be a great deal if they did that.

LOL... soo true. Especially amps. That's why I'm really getting in to DIY pedals and such. Alot less expensive and if something goes wrong you know how to fix it.
Hai UG!
So powerfreak what would you recommend me from teese then? Im gonna get a gibson les paul with humbuckers later on...
Quote by Iliketapping
So powerfreak what would you recommend me from teese then? Im gonna get a gibson les paul with humbuckers later on...

You MIGHT get away with an RMC1, as the humbuckers aren't going to be metal screamers. But I wouldn't like to risk it if you're going to order unseen. The RMC2 is my favourite wah from Teese for most things, it can cover almost everything and IMO is easier to use than the RMC3 which has 100000000 different switches and things.

The wizard is nice for higher gain playing but IMO disapoints on the clean sound (it's OK if you mostly play high gain and occasionally flutter in the clean stuff but not vice versa.) The picture wah is like a Vox wah but with better quality components and a different inductor. It sounds like a classic hendrix sound if that's your sort of thing and is probably the most faithful repro of the wah jimi used.

Choose what you want.

Quote by Iliketapping
Thanks a bunch powerfreak! So I should go with teese with the budget I have ,right?

I would if I had $200 for a budget! The Fulltone is nice but IMO it just seems like it's trying to be a Picture wah with an inflated price tag and a slightly less responsive tone! As I said though, some people love the BudWah (like me!) so it's worth a try if you can find one too, but some people don't like the "wowowowow" sorta sound it gives (the teese will be more versatile too.)

Page 1 of 2