well i just joined a band for the first time after almost 2 years of playing and with my amp cranked i get this really high pitched screech sound
i would imagine its the **** pickups in my **** guitar
so i was wondering if putting a dimebucker in the bridge would make it stop (+ sound way better) or would i have to get a new neck pickup too?
Just get a better guitar. You won't notice any difference putting a dimebucker in a squier.
Celtic FootballClub1888
you weill notice a difference....but maybe its your amp..what amp you got?
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
i know i need a new guitar but its not going to happen for a few months so in the meantime i plan on putting new pickups in it

the dimebucker is a humbucker

and i have a peavey transfex pro

im pretty sure its the pickups cause ill go in the other room away from the tv and stuff like that and it quits screeching, apart from the noise it makes when not playing, but thats just cause i need a noise gate
If the amps the worst thing, new amp, if the guitar's the worst thing, new guitar, if they both suck get a standable guitar and a standable amp (if you're low on budget something like a yamaha pacifica and a fender champion)
Quote by Punk_Ninja
If the amps the worst thing, new amp, if the guitar's the worst thing, new guitar, if they both suck get a standable guitar and a standable amp (if you're low on budget something like a yamaha pacifica and a fender champion)

????

ok maybe you missed what im asking
will changing the pickups in my guitar (THAT WILL PICK UP LESS UNWANTED SIGNALS) make the screeching sound stop?, i dont care about the fuzz all amps get when not playing cause its easily fixed
That's like putting a polluted water in a cracked glass. Neither of them are any good, nor do they mix.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by azn_guitarist25
maybe its feedback. is your guitar jack loose? and what squier model is it?

well thats what it sounds like so i figured its picking up too many signals in the room so i figure changing to more reliable pickups will help

i played dave mustaine's sig guitar through this exact amp and didnt hear hardly anything

edit: right now all i am looking for is an alternative to make my guitar a little better without spending too much until i get a new guitar
Quote by chrismacker
well thats what it sounds like so i figured its picking up too many signals in the room so i figure changing to more reliable pickups will help

i played dave mustaine's sig guitar through this exact amp and didnt hear hardly anything

edit: right now all i am looking for is an alternative to make my guitar a little better without spending too much until i get a new guitar

what pickups were you using? you could shield as much of your guitar as possible
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what pickups were you using? you could shield as much of your guitar as possible

the **** stock squier strat pickups
Microphonics. Cheap pickups. Better pickups would reduce this but when your using alot of gain things do get noisy. Look into getting a noise supressor as well.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
If you do Dimebag whammy action with a Squier you are liable to break the guitar
Quote by rockers73
Microphonics. Cheap pickups. Better pickups would reduce this but when your using alot of gain things do get noisy. Look into getting a noise supressor as well.

thats 2 things i was gonna do
so if i get a dimebucker it should stop some, then when i get a noise gate it should be gone almost completely, then i also have an awesome sounding guitar as well
Quote by Jaffaps2
If you do Dimebag whammy action with a Squier you are liable to break the guitar

sigh
if only you told me this sooner
ive broken two saddles lol
Dimebuckers suck.

Get a Bill Lawrence X-500L (I think that's it, someone correct me if I'mwrong).

They're the pickups that Dime actually used most of the time.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Yeah, but Dimebag also used ten trillion dollars of an amp of the Gods, potentially higher quality equipment (Since mass production obviously deteriorates quality), and pedals that could make us **** ourselves.

Just because so and so used them doesn't mean they'll sound the same as when he used them. That's why buying signature axes or pickups is rarely the smartest move.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
to Jaffaps2, no it wasnt sarcastic, im serious

and to God Am, im not trying to get dimes sound, if i did, id probably get a bill lawrence, i just want new pickups, and i know that dimebuckers are great for heavy music
come to think of it i might get a bill lawrence :P
and no im not getting emg's, cause i know someone will say it eventuall