Hey everybody, I'm looking for someone fluent in russian to give me song suggestions for the following sbjects:
1 angry rock song
1 romantic acoustic song
1 sad bluesy song

I'm in charge of the music on a play, and since it's based in russia, we decided to have live music and play russian songs. Still we need suggestions for three songs, and even though it says rock/acoustic/blues, if you find a good song that fits angryness/romance/sadness, it would probably work. My band will play and this half russian girl will sing, so it might end up being good. Any suggestions appreciated!
(Oh, and if you could give me a brief descrption of what each song is talking about, that would be nice!)
I'm from russia and I'll tell you that all russian songs sound about the same. If you know the following chords, you can play almost every russian song: Am, Dm, E, B7, E7 and G7. Few russian composers dare venture the depths of the (GASP!) major scale.

For angry songs, check out stuff by Leningrad. They play ska, with a lot (and I mean a LOT) of swear words and angry vocals.

For a romantic acoustic song....er...try "Это Всё" by DDT. It's a really long, but beautiful song. I think it's a song about love and death, the lyrics are quite complicated and hard to understand...

As for sad, bluesy stuff, it's hard to find somethign that's actual blues, but there's a lot of similar stuff. Try Alexander Rosenbaum's "Вальс Бостон". I'm not sure what to recommend for this category, really.
Quote by sashki
I'm from russia and I'll tell you that all russian songs sound about the same. If you know the following chords, you can play almost every russian song: Am, Dm, E, B7, E7 and G7. Few russian composers dare venture the depths of the (GASP!) major scale.

For angry songs, check out stuff by Leningrad. They play ska, with a lot (and I mean a LOT) of swear words and angry vocals.

For a romantic acoustic song....er...try "Это Всё" by DDT. It's a really long, but beautiful song. I think it's a song about love and death, the lyrics are quite complicated and hard to understand...

As for sad, bluesy stuff, it's hard to find somethign that's actual blues, but there's a lot of similar stuff. Try Alexander Rosenbaum's "Вальс Бостон". I'm not sure what to recommend for this category, really.

im russian too, and the songs theat he suggested translate into "that's it"(eto vso) and boston waltz.
Ill try to find some song and i'll tell u.
Bторой член в"Русскoй группe."PM Vindication to join
Quote by psychedelic420
I think Tiksi settled the matters. haha great job!

Quote by happytimeharry
The power of Christ compels me...

to touch myself.

Deputy Leader, Secretary General, UG Ambassador USA
Quote by sashki

Hehehe...

I'm just having a tiny problem, I can't find the name of the songs in the russian characters, so if you could please give me the names in latin(?) characters that would be very nice. (FIXED THANK YOU!)
Or if you could send me the audio files, that would be even nicer
Hump de bump, maybe someone who hasn't seen this will have some suggestions.
Im fluent in russian, but I dont know any russian songs, aside frrom being familiar with some of the classics. I knew how to play some russian songs on classical guitar b4, and I think I still have the sheet music, but I'm lazy,
Try some Gogol Bordell. Not exactly Russian per se, but they have members from Ukraine and Russia, and they may have the sort of sound you're looking for. A few of their songs were in the movie version of Everything is Illuminated.
Aria (maybe Arya) is a russian metal band. Batpism by the flame is a good heavy song (don't know what the russian for the title is, but that's the english.) You can find the video on youtube.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
I'm Russian originally, so I can advice you some really cool bands and songs )) As Gman400 said Aria is really popular Russian band, but there are some really great bands as well, like Epidemia, Mavrick, and (I think you know it) Master.

1 angry rock song - you can try Aria "Angel Dust", "Volya I Razum", "Vstan Strah Preodolej" or Mavrick "Rozhdennye Zhit'", "Mirazh"
1 romantic acoustic song - Aria "Piece of Ice", "Sunset", "Zamknutyy Krug"
1 sad bluesy song - there is great band DDT you can try it as well - "V Poslednyy Osen'", "Eto vse", Alexander Rosenbaum's "Val's Boston"

Shows how much about russian music you know.

Anyway threadstarter, if you still need the songs, pm me hit me up on the im's in my profile and I'll send you stuff. I have like 20 GB's of russian rock/semi-rockish/bluesish whatever stuff, so I'm sure I'll be able to help you.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
wow cool, i have partly russian heritage and i've heard barely any russian music.

real men play balalaikas.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.