Hey, I have an ibanez rg321mh which Im currently playing through a roland cube 60. As you may know the pickups in the rg suck, and I want to replace them. I am planning on getting a new amp at chrsitmas and i was thinking of getting a peavey valveking 212. The peavey is £350 (665ish USD) and the new pickups (swineshead) are £90 (170ish USD) Should I get the new pickups and get the valveking, or leave the pickups and put the money towards a new amp, which would be about £440 for a new amp (850ish USD)

If you think I should save for a better amp, which amp? Definatley tube anyway ok?
Last edited by duggyrocks at Aug 31, 2006,
And what do you play?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
well The amp plays a bigger part in your final sound then the pickups, I would say save for a new amp,

Hey aznrockerdude "Punk Guitar" thread lol,
When you've covered the most important part of your tone, the amp. The look into the pickups if your not happy with them.

So Amp.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Quote by Spade1
Hey aznrockerdude "Punk Guitar" thread lol,

pat nera hates metal, and he plays three/four powerchords in a whole song LOL, what a fag...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Sorry forgot to say, I play mostly metal and some rock, so metallica, megadeth, iron maiden etc, and also gnr, acdc, vr etc. I also play shred (well, try to) like satch, gilbert, vai etc. I think Im gonna put it towards an amp, but i cant find one under £450 thats better than the valveking.
Quote by duggyrocks
Hey, I have an ibanez rg321mh which Im currently playing through a roland cube 60. As you may know the pickups in the rg suck, and I want to replace them. I am planning on getting a new amp at chrsitmas and i was thinking of getting a peavey valveking 212. The peavey is £350 (665ish USD) and the new pickups (swineshead) are £90 (170ish USD) Should I get the new pickups and get the valveking, or leave the pickups and put the money towards a new amp, which would be about £440 for a new amp (850ish USD)

If you think I should save for a better amp, which amp? Definatley tube anyway ok?

I wish I had a cube 60. I hope to get a cube 60 at christmas . Lucky you.

That amp is good enough for metal and small-medium gigs. Also you can hook it up to a cab.

I'd go for the new pups or a jackson guitar that already has good sd's or emgs.
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
Quote by duggyrocks
Sorry forgot to say, I play mostly metal and some rock, so metallica, megadeth, iron maiden etc, and also gnr, acdc, vr etc. I also play shred (well, try to) like satch, gilbert, vai etc. I think Im gonna put it towards an amp, but i cant find one under £450 thats better than the valveking.

Sounds like you need a tube Marshall.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by duggyrocks
Dont get the cube dude, trust me. It seems awesome when you first get it, then, when you bend down and put your ear up to the speaker, you realise the tone isnt that great. Save for a tube man.

why is the cube's tone bad ? Its good for metal I hear and that is what I play.
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
Well, it might be just a matter of opinion, but I would sugggest save up a bit more and buy a tube amp instead of a solid state. You save money in the long run. I got my cube about a year ago and now I want rid of it. Listen to the recordings in the link in my sig and youll hear it.
Try a Laney as well Duggy, they should be pretty reasonable price wise in NI.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Quote by duggyrocks
Argghh! Now I'm swaying back in the direction of the valveking. I was looking into a marshall jcm 9OO, but i cant one anywhere! Even GAK doesnt do them!

Maybe because you should look for it on ebay...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
^I've seen those too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420