Hey guys Im at the stage where i think I need to buy some stuff to make my rig alot better.

So to start me off im looking for some new FX, I was thinking of one of those multi effects things but i'm not sure if they are shone upon. Im really looking for wah-wah, distortion, overdrive and a few others but for the cheapest price but what give a good quality sound.
Good wahs are the Dunlop Cyrbabies. If you want more range for a more modern tone, get a Morley. They cost more, but have their own unique personality.

As for distortion, the Boss DS-1 is always great. Also, check out the DigiTech distortion factory. It offers 7 good sounds in one box.
Quote by sashki
Good wahs are the Dunlop Cyrbabies. If you want more range for a more modern tone, get a Morley. They cost more, but have their own unique personality.

As for distortion, the Boss DS-1 is always great. Also, check out the DigiTech distortion factory. It offers 7 good sounds in one box.

will do, my friends brother has a pedal with like 100 effects would it be worth purchasing that or get individual pedals
Idndividual pedals generally have a better sound than multi effects, unless you pay a **** load for the really awesome ones. Dont get a crybaby, trust me. Most people on here hate them. I tried one thinking it would be great, then it made me cry, like a baby! Buzzzzzzzzzzz, the people working there made excuse for why it was buzzing but I knew it was the pedal's fault. I ended up getting an ibanez weeping demon. Nice pedal..... what amp and guitar do you have? Is the amp tube?
How much do you have to spend?
What amp have you got etc
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Yea i need to upgrade my amp aswell im using a really crappy fatrat, ( dont shout at me lol) i have an epiphone les paul black beauty.
Quote by duggyrocks
Dont bother with effects then. I used to think a good tone meant lots of pedals. Its all about the amp man!

Yea very true, but to be honest I would much rather get some FX for when im playing or experimenting.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Pedals are pretty meaningless if they're played through a crappy amp. I think it would be in your best interest to just save up for a new amp.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
+1 to getting a new amp, its just pointless plugging more effects into your rig when they're not going to sound their fullest through a crappy amp.
Quote by Lordoflax
Yea i need to upgrade my amp aswell im using a really crappy fatrat, ( dont shout at me lol) i have an epiphone les paul black beauty.

that be the amp he's using

Things to come:
For a good OD/Distortion Check out the Dano Fab Pedals.
They sounds great for a £15 pedal.
Ah I love my FAB.
They aren't very high gain but you can get some good classic rock tones out of them.
They sounds alot better than the BOSS pedals. Way too fizzy.
yea i have a dance electro French Toast distortion. i might more i'm looking for a wah-wah and i dunno what else

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Last edited by Lordoflax at Aug 31, 2006,
That's just a case for pedals. The pedals don't actually come with it. If they did I would be skepticle about it just because of how cheap it is.

Things to come:
O right lol :P ill have to get the pedals first then XD

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!