hey guys i´ve participated in a few national competitions ,what are in your opinion
the biggest international classical guitar competitions

thanks
Well the guitar foundation of america competition is big, the Christopher Parkening competition probably has the largest prize (25,000 i think), the Francisco Tarrega competition and the Karl Scheit Competitions are also big ones in europe. There are too many to really compare them all....but in my opinion the ones listed above are some of the bigger ones.
wake the sun so the stars cant shine....
There are many many many classical guitar "competitions", but frogan basically mentioned the biggest of them.

The GFA is huge, as well is the Christopher Parkening competition.

Tell us about your participation :licklip:

What was the competition? Where was it? What did you play? What was the competition like?
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
There are many many many classical guitar "competitions", but frogan basically mentioned the biggest of them.

The GFA is huge, as well is the Christopher Parkening competition.

Tell us about your participation :licklip:

What was the competition? Where was it? What did you play? What was the competition like?

yes mostly i´ve paticipated in the german competition called "Jugend Musiziert"
my biggest success was the first prize 2003 . 2003 i played Asturias from Isaac Albeniz sth. from Bach and Etude from Villa Lobos nr. 11 i think. i´m 17 and i think the bigger ones begin with a age of 16 or? did anyone of you participate in a competition?
I competed in a small competition held by a music school down here in South Florida, with a couple thousand kids.

I competed in the highest level though, and there were only about 8 other kids I was competing with. For our "solo" performance, which was one classical/contemporary piece, I played the fourth movement of Koyunbaba. I played it rather poorly because of how nervous I was. I got third place. I know that I would have gotten first had I not messed it up so much
My God, it's full of stars!