First off i want to know whether its worth changing the pick ups in my squire strat, i lve the neck on it and the general feel but the sound sucks ass, at the moment its s/s/h but i think i would prefer it s/s/s.

I have £110 ish and i was wondering if you couls reccomend some pickups for me, i play msotly rock, blues and jazz. SO i need versatile pick ups. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
try some of these
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Pre-wired_pickguards/Pre-wired_Pickguards_For_Strat.html

these are prewired pickgaurds, they would require the least effort to install.
If i say im lying am i telling the truth?
Shawn Lane Rest In Peace!
Rip Dimbag
and sadly Rip Roger "Syd" Barrett gone but not forgotten
and more so recently Brad Delp
Quote by last_biscuit
A dyslexic man walks into a bra
Well, plenty of great pick-ups go for less than $100 - most if not all I would say.

You have some good choices; Seymour Duncan and EMG are the two most popular.

Depends on what you want (I know...duh!!)

But if you buy anything in the range of $80 to $100, say Seymour Duncan, you should notice a vast improvement anyway.

It's like going from a beat up Ford to a BMW. Which one to buy? Well, do you like BMW or Mercedes?

Either one will be a vast improvement for you, my friend.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

i know most would be a good improvement but would it be worth it, becasue squires arent really made out of good wood, so the tone might not improve much, or am i wrong ?
www.swinesheadpickups.couk. They only cost between £35 and £60(ish) too.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by JFJH
i know most would be a good improvement but would it be worth it, becasue squires arent really made out of good wood, so the tone might not improve much, or am i wrong ?

If you have an Affinity Squier, the body is Alder and should be an excellent base for upgrades, specially if you have a tube amp.which tends to be more forgiving with a lesser guitar.

Check out the mods at Fret Tech. You probably have an equivalent to Guitar Fetish in your area where you can get some decent PUs at relatively cheap prices.

Tell us how it goes. Good Luck!

check out Kent Armstrong P/ups - I've got an Armstrong single-sized humbucker in the bridge of my strat. and Armstrong hums in my Les Copy - they're really nice and versatile - i play jazz/blues/rock and occasionally some metal and they're fantastic!

EDIT: They're also great VFM