Poll: Is it ok to add an acoustic guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is it ok to add an acoustic guitar?
Yeah, it gonna be cool
12 86%
No, I don't think so
2 14%
Voters: 14.
Well, here we have a group, but the squad currently consist of a guitarist (me), bassist and drummer, so, I was thinking about adding another guitarist, but with acoustic guitar. Do you think it is a good idea?

p.s you can vote as well
p.s.2 currently we used to play something more like grunge (sometimes punk, but sometimes) and have in fact only one song with acoustic guitar, but it was rated by our friends as 'really cool', so there is a possible switch in genre, that's why I ask...
Last edited by ivancat at Aug 31, 2006,
Well. I would not just have an acoustic. I would make sure the other guy can play electric too(aint that hard to switch to electric). You need variety. But what do I know, I have never been in a band.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Well firstly its not a huge, new or original idea, but that aside - of course its a good idea. It can give you an interesting sounds. Try to remember not to limit yourself to just one instrument, espesially just acoustic or just electric. You can play both, so why limit it to just one?
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by SGstriker
Well. I would not just have an acoustic. I would make sure the other guy can play electric too(aint that hard to switch to electric). You need variety. But what do I know, I have never been in a band.

well, he know how to play electric too, but two electric guitars is not what i really want currently because now i try to experiment with different styles to create something original, and 2 electrics will lead us to something like choosing between metal/trash/etc... and at this moment i try to get something from grunge
better idea. get an electro-acoustic guitar and two amps. one amp is for acoustic, one for distortion. use a footswitch and change between them.
Quote by metallinutter
better idea. get an electro-acoustic guitar and two amps. one amp is for acoustic, one for distortion. use a footswitch and change between them.

currently there's a bit different scheme: I use foot switch for dist./clean so there is no point for switch for acoustic
if the music sounds goood with an extra acoustic then go for it, but if it doesnt theres no point really i sthere?

try it out and see what it sounds like
smartest idea

Quote by metallinutter
Quote by timesup114
smartest idea

read my reply to this... I think I can't quite agree with it