Whats up everyone.

currently i have a Mexican Strat w/ floyd rose, and a Jackson DXMG with a gibson style hard bridge. I like the feel of the Strat, the space between the frets and the space between the strings, but i love the sound of the Jackson.

So to combine the two, i though of getting a Gibson or an epiphone...mabey a something else like an Ibanez. but im on a budget of under $500. I'd like something close to $300 and was thinking of getting the Zakk Wylde guitar (epiphone).

Do you all have a suggestion? Im going to trade in the Strat so i'd like something good to replace it with.

Thanks.
Last edited by koikomoru at Aug 31, 2006,
A Gibson for that much is going to be a stretch!

An Epi, go for I dunno, maybe a LP copy.
with only $500 ur not gettin a gibson but u may be able to get a nice epiphone but not a zakk wylde signature(its almost $800) but u could get a very nice les paul standard
04 Ibanez RG220B with jackson bridge humbucker
Quote by SG-Newkronic
with only $500 ur not gettin a gibson but u may be able to get a nice epiphone but not a zakk wylde signature(its almost $800) but u could get a very nice les paul standard

Yea, the Zakk Wylde signiture is out of my range. I was thinking of the Zakk Wylde copy epi.
why dont you go to a guitar store and play guitars until you find what you like....then dont spend any money til you have enough for a guitar you actually like and want
Yah, if you get an amazing deal, you MIGHT, be able to get a Faded V for $500, but that's a huge stretch!! You won't be able to get the Epi Zakk Wylde ( $800 is heavily discounted here, my friends cost him $1200). You could get a Epi Standard LP, or a Epi LP Ultra, I've heard good things about those.

Oh, and listen to the guy above me, he's got it right, these are just suggestions to TRY OUT, not for you to just go out and buy
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Sounds like you want what I do. I'm gonna buy some kind of epi Lp, not sure which one yet, and then throw some EMG's in it, again not sure which (81, 85, 60?). But yeah I'd do that. The Epi Zakk Wylde has bad pickups so unless you really want his graphics you'd be better off buying a different Epi and swapping the pickups.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
i think the zakk wylde epi is a good guitar, but your gonna need to save up a bit more.
thanks for all the input. I'll save up for a really NICE guitar, like those V-cut gibson guitars. I drool everytime i see one.

lol, id doesn't pay to be poor
An Epi is gonna be a little out of your range. I'm actually thinking about getting an Epi Les Paul Custom, but I haven't decided yet. I don't think you should trade in your strat though. An Epi is gonna have a completely different sound and you never know when that strat sound is gonna come in handy.
Try to get a "blem" Epiphone Les Paul Custom...those are usually 500 bucks...maybe less.