Ok, I remember a bass rating thread that was once around, and I can't find it. So I figured tis long gone, so I'd start a new one for everyone wanting to know about different basses, and amps, and any other EQ.

It'd be easiest to write the manufactuer, the level of bass, the price, and a rating. And then a small paragraph on the pros/cons of the instrument.

I'll start it off.

Yamaha RBX170

Mine's in red.

Company: Yamaha
Level: Beginner
Cost: About $200 Canadian ( I think this is off, just an estimate from when I remember buying it)
Rating: 7/10

For a beginners bass, and especially for Yamaha, this is an excellent starting instrument. Though possessing some occasionally buzzy frets, the instrument serves well, and for some reason I NEVER have to tune it.

I love my yamaha, I'd advise this as a first bass rather than larger companies' cheaper copies of their basses.

PT
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
Ibanez GSR200 - Gem Blue

Got this at christmas along with a 30 watt Carlsbro amp.
£200 the guitar itself was, not sure on the amp.

See pic (large size!)

Company: Ibanez
Level: Beginner
Cost: £200 (£180 Online Deals)
Rating: 8/10

I personally think its a GREAT P-Bass to start with, frets are at the perfect height, so hardly any buzzing occurs. It's LIGHT, lighter than the Yam's i tried in the stores i went to .
Umm, so yeah. Superb bass, comes in black, red and blue (blues the best )
Along with the Yamaha RBX170, I'd say this is also a great bass to start out with
I'd neglected it for well over half a year now, but suddenly I just wanted to play it, and havn't put it down all week

So far I havn't bought any pedals etc. Hoping to in the future though...