Page 1 of 2
Hello. I have played for around 1.34 years and I think I'm getting better really fast, but I NEED some suggestions about how good you think I am. Here's a list of some things I can do that I think are pretty good. but not sure.

--I can play the first 10 measures of Stairway to Heaven

--Play Dammit by Blink 182 all the way through

--Play the Rising Force Solo perfeclyt by Malmsteen except for the last two bars

--Play a big acoustic guitar behind head to the song Layla Unplugged (while whistling the vocal part)

--Alternate pick 16th notes at about 183 BPM (not with tremolo picking I assure you)

--Play the song Time Machine by Satriani with only about 6 mistakes in the first half of the song

--Play jingle bells 3 times tempo

--I also know the songs Smoke on the Water, Satisfaction, and like half the Beatles songs with perfection.

--Oh ya, I also like to play multiple part harmonies of Iron Maiden on one guitar by myself, and I've jammed with the guitarist of a local band who is really good and said I would be the next Hendrix.

Ya, so I'm thinking I'm proabably almost to the level of Slash by now and I'm still improving, but what do you all think?

Edit: read post #25
Last edited by 29Frets at Aug 31, 2006,
This all mean nothing... wow worst question ever..
Cort G290 EMG 89/SA/SA
Cort MR 780FX

#19 Member of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Group. PM Narmi.

Founder of the "Cort Domination Group"
I think thats good. I also think you need to get over yourself...
Bowing down to disillusion, hats off and applause to Rogues and evolution - Incubus - Rogues
around 1.34 years?
that's quite an approximation, but yeah you are good but you shouldn't be looking for an ego boost or praise from random strangers half way across the world, just keep practicing and be sure to find yourself a band
Because you have to ask, I say you suck. Only because you asked.
Ohhh...My head hurts...

Quote by Inahrima
^ have i told you i keep misreading your title as UG's biggest bad greek?
meh u sounds pretty good, but to be honest everyone can improove just keep playing, you'll get better and better.
Quote by Kurdt2k
I think thats good. I also think you need to get over yourself...
agree i meen u thk ur at the level of slash gimmi a brake, what u thnk that just because he doesn't play as fast as malmsteen,pertucci ect that he's just able to be classed as a level,doubt ur gonna be the nxt hendrix but mabe the nxt malmsteen (not from the guitar perspective)at the level of slash when u can make kinds of legendary riffs as slash u shouold repost this...tuhtuthtuh
These threads should be illegal.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
OMG the first ten mesures or stair way... dude your a bamf.....

i bow to your mad skills.... lol
go shoot your self you have no skill
just because you asked and because you compaired yourself to slash (who happens to have a tonne of live performances under his belt which i dont expect you to have cause your in a famous band or something)... im goin to say you suck.
Quote by Crazy_Diamond16
M, A, R, S.

Mars b*tches!.
Quote by 29Frets

--Oh ya, I also like to play multiple part harmonies of Iron Maiden on one guitar by myself, and I've jammed with the guitarist of a local band who is really good and said I would be the next Hendrix.

Ya, so I'm thinking I'm proabably almost to the level of Slash by now and I'm still improving, but what do you all think?

I think he was lying and I also think I hate you for being a pompous git.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
did anyone find it a bit funny that he used a calculator to find out how long he's been playing? classic

it's also very amusing that you say that you can play the first 10 bars of STH right along with playing 16ths at 183 (little more than 12 nps) - r...i...g...h...t

next hendrix? i don't think he scavenged internet forums -60's-70's- (or anywhere for that matter) in search of ego-boosting compliments to assure that he didn't suck

so no, you're not skilled - comparison doesn't belong anywhere in the field of guitar
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Everything you listed just tells me you know how to PLAY the guitar. But, there's more to guitar than playing, its about music, too. Slash didn't get where he is by playing a bunch of tabs, he wrote songs.
id just like to throw my two cents in here.. dude wtf are you doing? honestly, if you thought youd be impressing anyone.. think again. from your little post here you sound like the biggest douche bag ever. you can play layla behind your head!? NO WAY!! christ, if you want to prove yourself, let your playing do the talking and not the other way around. and for the record.. playing blink 182 is nothing to be proud of..
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez SZ, RG w/ Dimarzio Super Distortion and PAF Pro
Marshall JCM2000 head 1960 Cab
and many pedals...

www.adamcutrone.com
^i make art
Man what the hell coudl posses you to create such a poor thread. No your not good and no your not going to be the next hendrix and no u are not as good as slash. You are a joke. Peopel liek you who start threads liek these should be banned and inprisoned. Thank you
i agree with everything everyone has said here and i mean did u really expect to get good replies to this.

U r still online so im gonna stick around and see what you have to say that is if u say anything.
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

no, he posted this to spam

*reported*
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Im the last person here that rips people but Jesus Christ kid you have a lot to learn!
1st, get over yourself, I can gaurantee that you will find no respect with an ego so stop trying to develop one, confidence is good but thats it just look at what happened to Malmsteen.
2nd, if you have to ask how good you are you are not as good as you think!
3rd, Im not doubting you have talent, ill do that when i hear you play, but have you ever thought that people are being polite?
4th, to be a good/great musician you need experience as much as anything else, you dont want **** dripping down your leg in front of hundreds of people!
I could go on but i dont wana be a dick,
keep it up, i wish you all the best but stop looking for praises, if you deserve them you will get them without having to ask!
well judging from the criterea given, and after some basic calculations, you register at about 9.3537 gsn (guitar skillness) if you were to play jingle bells at 8 times tempo youd be at a 9.6, and slash is a 10.9, so basically you're a God in the form of man. is that what you wanted to hear?
Quote by homeslicka
Everything you listed just tells me you know how to PLAY the guitar. But, there's more to guitar than playing, its about music, too. Slash didn't get where he is by playing a bunch of tabs, he wrote songs.

Agreed. You are just a little arsehole who probably has never witten a single riff in your life.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

These threads should be illegal

lool i kno....so if u want to make sure tha ur good record wat u ''play'' go and send it to a record company besides seriously who is proud f playing blink 182??(o and if u think oo this kid is so stupid record company wata stupid joke i think its a stupid **** to say ur good as slash )
Quote by jaydub
well judging from the criterea given, and after some basic calculations, you register at about 9.3537 gsn (guitar skillness) if you were to play jingle bells at 8 times tempo youd be at a 9.6, and slash is a 10.9, so basically you're a God in the form of man. is that what you wanted to hear?

Ya, that is one thing I wanted to hear. Thanks, does any one else have a similar rating. It is very helpful.

Actually, this is a joke thread Sorry I could not resist experimenting to see how many posts a thread might get with a title so tempting for flaming after seeing that "How good am I" thread. Hardly 1/2 an hour and this is the 25th or so. I thought some of the things listed were so absurd or stupid that it might look fake.

Sorry for the spam, but at least a few of you might admit this is exactly the type of thread you were looking for to reply to.
Quote by 29Frets

Actually, this is a joke thread

Yeah ****ing right. You just don't like the reaction you got for being such a cocky prick so you're trying to sell it off as a joke. Piss off.
Quote by bjoern_swe

The first ten bars of stairway, and the rising force solo are kinda ridiculous, I believe its spam.

This reminded me of "what are my chances" threads on college forums...they both prove the incredibly masochistic nature uf us forum geeks.
Quote by alliwant
Yeah ****ing right. You just don't like the reaction you got for being such a cocky prick so you're trying to sell it off as a joke. Piss off.

Sorry, no. I just created this "29Frets" account to post this joke thread. I wanted to test forum actvity. If this thread were for real I coud have just made another new account and been a "cocky prick" on another identity without passing it as a joke. I just wanted to make sure I didn't offend anyone.

about 8 posts in 10 minutes and a total of 18 in 21 minutes, close to 300 views in about 50 minutes....Threads like this might make nice graphs.
Last edited by 29Frets at Aug 31, 2006,
your lack of a life would make a nice graph
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Quote by axe_grinder247
your lack of a life would make a nice graph

Probably not as it would be a constant 99% lack of life. But thanks for the interest.
I would like to be the first (perhaps only) person to applaud you, 29Frets. I was thinking of doing the same thing.. Hah. This thread was spectacular. Thanks for giving me a laugh.
Gear List:
Jackson DKMG Dinky Cobalt-Blue
Washburn EA8B Cutaway
Line 6 Spider II 112
Jekyll & Hyde Overdrive/Distortion Pedal
Boss RC20-XL Looper Station
Quote by 29Frets
--I can play the first 10 measures of Stairway to Heaven

--Play jingle bells 3 times tempo

--said I would be the next Hendrix.

Ya, so I'm thinking I'm proabably almost to the level of Slash by now

Well if it was a joke ha ha and if it was a test you could have posted something good cos all ur doing here is seeing how many people will get pissed at this thread rather than finding out the general forums activity.
Mmmm i think this thread can finally die now.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
and why isn't this thread closed?
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

i think when threads lik this are made we should totally ignore them no matter how much of a faggot the thread maker is and just let these threads die so we can post in more serious threads
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Page 1 of 2