I need guidance and help as to being able to tune wid harmonics. Can i get a tutorial or instructions?

Thnx
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
i personally use this method myself

1. make sure your 6th string is in tune

2. play the harmonic located on the 5th fret of the 6th string while playing the 7th fret harmonic on the 5th string - they should be the same (listen to the "waves")

3. play the 5th fret harmonic on the 5th string and the 7th fret harmonic on the 4th string - they should be the same

4. repeat for the 4th and 3rd strings

5. the 2nd string is a bit tricky because the harmonic on the 5th fret previous string will be different then the 7th on this one...to solve this, tune the 1st string by playing any harmonic on the 6th string and playing the same on the 1st string - they should be the same, only two octaves apart

6. now, repeat step 2 for the 2nd and 1st string

and there you go...post it in the only tuning thread next time
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Last edited by axe_grinder247 at Sep 1, 2006,
Its not absolutely essential to make sure that the 6th is in tune, as long as you have a basic relevance in tune between the strings then thats fine.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
true, but i always make sure my guitar is tuned to standard...i get pissed when it's flat
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

also 6 and 1st strings are 2 octaves apart, not 1 octave
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
my bad...fixed
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Quote by notoriousnumber
Its not absolutely essential to make sure that the 6th is in tune, as long as you have a basic relevance in tune between the strings then thats fine.

Not true at all if you're playing in a band setting.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
Not true at all if you're playing in a band setting.

Okay then, if all your mates are tuned to your low E then it doesnt matter
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
i have yet to meet a bass player who tunes down a half-step
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Quote by axe_grinder247
i personally use this method myself

1. make sure your 6th string is in tune

2. play the harmonic located on the 5th fret of the 6th string while playing the 7th fret harmonic on the 5th string - they should be the same (listen to the "waves")

3. play the 5th fret harmonic on the 5th string and the 7th fret harmonic on the 4th string - they should be the same

4. repeat for the 4th and 3rd strings

5. the 2nd string is a bit tricky because the harmonic on the 5th fret previous string will be different then the 7th on this one...to solve this, tune the 1st string by playing any harmonic on the 6th string and playing the same on the 1st string - they should be the same, only two octaves apart

6. now, repeat step 2 for the 2nd and 1st string

and there you go...post it in the only tuning thread next time

7th fret farmonic on E string = open B string
5th fret harmonic on E string = open e string.

I prefer doin it that way.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by notoriousnumber

Also you have to change how you sing, and if you have another guitarists/ bassists then your screwed.
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!