Which software will play the notations I type in? Its to help me in ear training and composing.
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
if you download powertabs and write in a tab it will play it back to you, is that what you want?
umm not what im looking for.....coz notations are more exact, their timing are far more accurate, thts why particularly notation player
Quote by hendo123456789
"tabledit" is free, I think.

"Finale" also does this job.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by invincibleneo
umm not what im looking for.....coz notations are more exact, their timing are far more accurate, thts why particularly notation player

Powertab does notation. And if you do tabs properly, they're just as exact and proper as notation, just specifically for guitar.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
notations have very good timing where as tabs seriously lack that, they're a imitation of notations. Knowing Notations helps in many other ways
Quote by hendo123456789
Although I personally encourage everyone to learn to read sheet music, saying tabs can't keep up rhythmically doesn't make sense to me. How is this possible? You can easily have the same timing in a tab as in notation. Personally, more complicated classical/polyphonic music is HARDER in tab for me.

I believe tab originates sometime around the Renaissance era. I think an English composer named John Dowland used tab quite often for his lute pieces.

Anyway...

Finale
Tabledit
Powertab (Might come with a way to input notes?)
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by invincibleneo
notations have very good timing where as tabs seriously lack that, they're a imitation of notations. Knowing Notations helps in many other ways

You aren't reading the right tabs. Tabs can be just as accurate as notation, being split into measures and the like, and indications of how long to sustain a note, everything like that.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Guitar Pro and powertab will do it. It's far more than just a tabbing program your basically just writing sheet music by using tabs. In guitar Pro you can turn off the tabbing portion and just compose right on the staff.
melody assistant - http://www.myriad-online.com/en/products/melody.h

its as good as anything i've seen and you can donload a shareware version for free which has few restrictions, and its ony $20 if you do want to pay.

its more geared towards notation but can do tabs and has a good range of options and instruments.
Quote by invincibleneo

you,ve never seen a proper tab i bet...whatever you find online is not proper cause frankly tabbing it properly is almost impossible

you can write tabs just as exact as notation if you do it right
but anyways...powertab will let you enter standard notation if you want
I have seen notations in magazines like TG and GP bt still prefer notations. The only advantage with tabs is that they're faster to read. No disadvantage abt notations.
Quote by hendo123456789
Quote by invincibleneo
I have seen notations in magazines like TG and GP bt still prefer notations. The only advantage with tabs is that they're faster to read. No disadvantage abt notations.

No no no, listen, a Powertab or GuitarPro tab will play the song back in MIDI - meaning, it uses notation. Everything's notation. They enter a C note and you can do whatever you want to that note, meaning timing. You see the notation right above it!

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/3111/powertabze9.png