K, so I'm the lead guitarist in a school band, we also have a rhythm player, who is very good, a violinist/bassist/pianist/acoustic/rhythm/mandolinist, ...a drummer, and a singer/lead player. The problem is the singer...aint too good, and while he's not a bad guitar player...he's probably the worst in our band, after myself, the rhythm player, and everything man. Myslef and everything man want him out...But he's best buds with the rhythm player, who we really want to keep. I'm also good friends with him, and I don't really know how to say...umm, yer not really good enough for what we're trying to do here. any advice?
call a band meeting.

"Dood...we think that u r just not right for the band...sry. And you keep rubbing your crotch on the amps, and its getting nasty...sry man"

or sumthin like that
Member of the SOAD Fan club.

sdrawkcab gnidaer pots

DeviantArt
Quote by BodaciousZac
"Noob can't even kill level 2 boars."
Originally Posted by clincher09
just might be testicular cancer, but I bet you'd give your left nut not to have cancer
"I think you're too good for us and you should move on because we're holding you back" doubt it'll work but it's a suggestion
dude its hard to kick out a friend but really u just gotta be honest....or if u cant do that

break up the band and reform a week later as a new band

or

say "hands up if ur in our band.....then when he puts his hand up just say "not so fast dude"
Quote by JD89
"I think you're too good for us and you should move on because we're holding you back" doubt it'll work but it's a suggestion

Saying the complete opposite really isn't the way to go...

Quote by A Minor Prize
say "hands up if ur in our band.....then when he puts his hand up just say "not so fast dude"

Anyway...

Personally, I think its best to just be blunt and straight to the point

Trying to suger coat it, or lieing about it is just being patronising, which really sucks
I was in the exact same situation. I was the lead guitar player and wrote most of the material, but the rhythm guitar play/lead singer was a horrible singer. He could play guitar fine but his singing was bad. The drummer, bassist, him and I were all good friends so it was hard, I ended up just leaving the band because we weren'y getting anywhere with him as the singer. I would do what A Minor Prize said, break up and reform as something else.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Kick him in the balls..... always works.....
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Quote by scream_it
I was in the exact same situation. I was the lead guitar player and wrote most of the material, but the rhythm guitar play/lead singer was a horrible singer. He could play guitar fine but his singing was bad. The drummer, bassist, him and I were all good friends so it was hard, I ended up just leaving the band because we weren'y getting anywhere with him as the singer. I would do what A Minor Prize said, break up and reform as something else.

But why didn't you just tell him to shut the **** up and focus on playing guitar?
Call a band meeting, give your ultimatum, then tell the rest of the band you'd like to stay a band.

And maybe buy a hoe for the singer, just to make him feel better.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Quote by eckmann88
Kick him in the balls..... always works.....

"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton