So I've been searching eBay and other sites for vintage basses, pedals, and heads. I'm looking for a good, reliable vintage tube amp that's preferably over 100 watts. I'm also looking for pretty much any vintage pedals I can find that aren't complete crap.

I've found several Acoustic and Ampeg heads I've been looking into, but when it comes to vintage gear, I know nothing.

...So yeah, if anybody has any advice, tips or knowledge of vintage gear in general, your input would be greatly appreciated.

I also found this>>http://

Even if it isn't vintage, it still has caught my eye and I'm looking into buying one when I get the money. Does anybody know anything about this bass? I don't see a model name anywhere on it.

Thanks again.

-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
well just realize your probably going to have to re tube it when you get it( the head)

if u have a specific question pm me or catch me on aim since i do have an ass load of vintage stuff i could probably help
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
I also just acquired a semi-hollow Norma bass guitar. I searched Norma and only came up with vintage guitars, and not a single bass

I found a lot of sites that sold "sought after" vintage gear, including Norma guitars, but on eBay, the most expensive one I saw was under $200.

Does anybody have any knowledge of this company?

Thanks again.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Norma
1965-1970. Imported from Japan by Strum 'N Drum, Inc. of Chicago (see also, Noble brand info). Early examples were built by Tombo, most notably sparkle plastic covered guitars and basses.

Electric Solidbody Basses
various models
1960's- $100 - $225

source: The Official Vintage Guitar Magazine Price Guide, 2005
this book can be ordered from Barnes and Noble Book Store. $25
best $25 bucks i have ever spent.
Wow, I expected "sorry, never heard of them."......and nothing more.

Thanks a bunch.

So basically, I hold no treasure in my hands.

By the way, it's a semi-hollow. Not solid.
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
If it sounds good, it's treasure. Fact.

A kickass vintage bass amp brand to look out for is Sunn. Don't buy Sunn branded guitars though - they're Squiers with the Sunn name on the headstock.
I don't know if it sounds good yet, it doesn't work. I took it to the local guitar shop and he said it needs to be rewired

I'll let you know how it sounds when it's fixed.

I'll look around for Sunn amps. Would they happen to be tube amps?
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
How about vintage...or...older Orange heads? I just found one, all tube, looks pretty good, 200 watts, but no price. Anybody know anything about these?
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
How about vintage...or...older Orange heads? I just found one, all tube, looks pretty good, 200 watts, but no price. Anybody know anything about these?

Sir John Swift would be the man to answer this question. he owns a vintage Orange,
tube amp. Orange built very nice amps, but they are usually very pricey, +$1000.
id personaly go for it
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.