I have a Fender Cyclone II but I doubt it's the only guitar with tuning posts like this.

If necessary i'll take a picture, but here's the run down:

As opposed to having a hole that you thread the string through, the post is hollow and shaped like a flathead screw at the top... you kind of just put the end of the string down into the top of the tuning post and hold against the notch along the side (think flathead screw).... basically you do this about 5 or 6 times with the string popping out as tension increase... i curse a number of times... go punch a wall or chop some wood.. try it again 2 or 3 times until I get the string to hold.

Anyone else have a guitar like this? Tips? The other irritating thing is having to cut the strings before you attach it to the guitar.. you have to be careful not to cut it too short.
some bass tuners are like this. See if there is a depression below the string.....as in, stick the string straight down into the tuner, like you were giving the tuner an anal exam. Then bend the string, so that it falls through the buttcheeks of the tuner. Then twist the tuner. If I recall correctly on the last bass I worked on, it had tuners like that, but there was a hole in the notch (image a canyon with a sinkhole in the middle) that you could stick the string into. That helped hold the string while you tightened.

You could also try not cutting the string off until you have it wound and tuned, there shouldn't be a need to cut it beforehand.
its s slotted tuner. the easiest thing to do is compare the string ur taking off to the new string and cut it to size.

stick it in the hole and wind.

another way also works...
http://www.elixirstrings.com/products/howtostring_electricslotted.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
kink the string before the first wind. it just takes practice.

ive got slotted on one of my guitars. it's definatley cool. to change a string u can loosen the tuner and lift the string off the tuner even faster than with traditional tuners.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011