whats a good tube amp in the 5 or 6 hundred dollar range..i play mainly metal, prog rock/metal, and classic rock. i have a hellraiser, so something that will go well with the EMGs.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by Iliketapping
peavey 5150 from ebay all the way!

+1 for the combo
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by Ali_Boulala
randall

any specific model? i'll take a look at the peavy though
Go get your shovel.
Go to your local guitar shop and try out the 6505/5150, its the same amp and its great for metal.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
That's a solid state half stack.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
It's all good. If I were you I would seriosuly look at getting a peavey 5150 212 combo from ebay. You can get one half of what they normally sell for and they're all tube.

Things to come:
Is a 5150/6505 combo the exact same as the half stack (obviously the half stack is louder, but they will sound the same?)

Would they be good for A7X tone, that bonecrushing distortion...similar to a Bogner Uberschall ??
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
From what I hear it's bone crushing distortion makes A7X seem ike they're playing acoustics.

Things to come:
^LOL, yeah, that's why IMO a Peavey XXX, a Traynor YVC50 Blue or a Marshall DSL401 might suit him better.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
A Marshall might be good for him. A DSL50 or JCM900 4100 with a good OD could probably suit his needs.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
5150/6505 has better distortion than an Uberschall?
Would it even be close?
Quote by It'sForTheBest

Quote by SynGates7X
Uh Uberschall >>>>> 5150.

I despise the 5150 with a passion.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
i was looking at a XXX combo on ebay..but indeed...uberschall is a billion of these > more than a 5150
Go get your shovel.
I want an uberschall but I dont want to spend $2600 US on the head, plus $1000 on the cab...then buy an attenuator.
Quote by It'sForTheBest

Quote by SynGates7X
mmhm...i was looking at a framus cobra too...but thats like a $1600 head.
Go get your shovel.
I basically have the same question as this kid so i'll ask it here if you don't mind.....

What is the difference between these 2 amps (below) soundwise? Is it really worth forking out the extra money for the Peavey? Didn't Dimebag use Randalls on Vulgar Display Of Power (not that exact Randall obviously, but I loved his tone, Eg, This Love) ? My guitar has EMG's btw and i'm looking for a heavy metal amp.

Peavey:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Triple-XXX-Super-40-40W-1x12-Guitar-Combo?sku=481393

Randall:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

Any other recommendations? I don't want anything more expensive then the Peavey, even that is pushing it a bit. But if it's the best in the all-tube combo amp class for less than $1000 I geuss I can go for it.
Last edited by YYZ at Sep 1, 2006,
I recently got a chance to play on some of randalls new line of amps. The new RG series is amazing. The Valve Dynamic power amps they are putting in them now are IMO more than a gimmick they work very well. I also tried the 50 watt tube combo and personally didn't think it sounded any better than the Rg I tried. I cranked it and everything and it just didn't do anything for me. I say look for a G3 Rg on ebay. I cant suggest anything tube from experiance so I won't.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
I'm kinda leaning towards the PEavey XXX but i'm not sure if I can pick one up where I live and i'm not to keen on ordering an amp, it would probably break and the shipping cost would kill me. The guitar shop I usually go to deals in Marshall, Traynor, Fender, Orange, Line 6 and some other one who doesn't even make tube amps. How much do Orange combo amps go for (all tube)? The 50w is quite expensive right?
Dimebags tone was alot more than his amps. He had quite a complicated setup I think.
Running several amps with different levels of eq etc.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Oh, well i'm not trying to copy his tone. I was thinking like, if a Randall is what gave him that sound then that's cool cause dig that sound and could live with it. Is that randall ALL tube though? Like I was reading that stickied thread on amps and it said for it to be all tube there is 3 different things or something?
If you're looking for a Dimebag style tone, or at least somewhere in that ballpark, I'd go with a solid state, most Randalls will do the trick. I have a 5150 combo and it's really nothing special, the distortion is kind of lacking in my opinion. Loud as hell though. I've also been able to get some killer tones from a Boss GT-6, so you could use your current set up and throw one of those in front of it, depending on what you have.
I totally forgot that there si a Peavey dealer here. So the Peavey XXX Super 40, is it a Class A all-tube?