If you don't have this album, get it... Howlin' Wolf with Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman, and Eric Clapton now there's a supergroup.
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
You also get to hear Howlin' Wolf get pissed off with Eric Clapton for not playing the song right.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
At least someone has put EC in his place.
How may The National D help you waste your time?
Quote by The National D
At least someone has put EC in his place.

I still don't think his ego could take it.

What makes you think Clapton has a big ego?

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Quote by IrishBlues
What makes you think Clapton has a big ego?

Well, like his fairly lucid admission that up until the age of 25, he wouldn't talk to anyone who didn't know who Robert Johnson was. And the fact that he ordered one of the guys in his band to let him sleep with his girlfriend.

Clapton is infamous for his ego.

Never heard about the girlfriend thing but I do know that he hated any white musicians becuase he believed that they stole everything off of blues artists.

Phish - Waste
i would let eric clapton sleep with my girlfriend... hell i would let him get sloppy seconds on howlin' wolf, if he were still alive
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
Quote by IrishBlues
Never heard about the girlfriend thing but I do know that he hated any white musicians becuase he believed that they stole everything off of blues artists.

Then he's egotisical and stupid
oh, youve met him???

Do you have any proof of any of this or is it just hearsay?

Phish - Waste
If he demanded to be allowed to sleep with one of his bandmembers girlfriend, then he's an egotisical jerk.
If he hates musicians who happen to be white because he "thinks they stole everything off the blues artists" he's stupid for making such a broad generalisation.
Last edited by The National D at Sep 6, 2006,
Quote by The National D
If he demanded to be allowed to sleep with one of his bandmembers girlfriend, then he's an egotisical jerk.
If he hates musicians who happen to be white because he "thinks they stole everything off the blues artists" he's stupid for making such a broad generalisation.

I would still like some proof of these claims. Im not saying they arent true its just this is the first time Ive ever heard them.

And about the musicians stealing, your title says Led Zep is overrated. And im just wondering if you are one of those people that think Jimmy Page is a overrated becuase he "stole" all of his riffs.

Phish - Waste
Quote by IrishBlues
I would still like some proof of these claims. Im not saying they arent true its just this is the first time Ive ever heard them.

And about the musicians stealing, your title says Led Zep is overrated. And im just wondering if you are one of those people that think Jimmy Page is a overrated becuase he "stole" all of his riffs.

It's well documented that Clapton has said similar things, like his on-stage announcement that he agreed with Enoch Powell and didn't want Britain to become a 'black colony' etc etc.

Quote by Encore_God
It's well documented that Clapton has said similar things, like his on-stage announcement that he agreed with Enoch Powell and didn't want Britain to become a 'black colony' etc etc.

He was drunk when he said that. Im not making an excuse Im just stating a fact that he was. And to repay for what he said he formed Rock Against Racism.

He also said that he meant it as "...ghettoes would spring up all over England, which they have done." I agree that is a horrible thing to say but you can not accuse Clapton of being racist.

Phish - Waste
Last edited by IrishBlues at Sep 6, 2006,
Quote by IrishBlues

No, Led Zep are overrated because they dont live up to the hype of 'Greatest band ever' that I keep hearing. They're just not that good.
Quote by IrishBlues
He was drunk when he said that. Im not making an excuse Im just stating a fact that he was. And to repay for what he said he formed Rock Against Racism.

He also said that he meant it as "...ghettoes would spring up all over England, which they have done." I agree that is a horrible thing to say but you can not accuse Clapton of being racist.

He's never once revoked his statements. And actually, the statement above is true.

Quote by The National D
No, Led Zep are overrated because they dont live up to the hype of 'Greatest band ever' that I keep hearing. They're just not that good.

Agreed. Dated 70's c0ck rock. Jimmy Page was a hack.

Quote by IrishBlues

You've missed the operative word here: If.