I searched, I've googled, I still haven't made up my mind. Can anyone compare and contrast these 2 pedals? I don't have a place close enough to try them out, and I can't find good sound samples online. If anyone could point me to some good sound samples or give their own opinion it would be much appreciated.

I want something versitile and without a cheesy, tinny tone. I don't need a crazy range where I'm trying to recreate far out sci fi sounds. The ultimate for me is the chorus to My Lovely Man - RHCP. Nice and tight, compliments the compression, adds a little more to what is a simple 3 string inversion progression to give it some depth.

Thanks for any information passed along!

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
Small Clone all the way, if you want examples listen to Nirvana. He only used that chorus pedal, it is grrrreat..
Small Clone definately. It can get any sound your looking for as far as chorus goes.
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
boss chorus blows

the EH is very warbly and lush...maybe too lush
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Who knows how the Small Clone compares with the Visual Sounds H2o?

The H20 is both a chorus and a delay/echo pedal. Its a little expensive (like all Visual Sound pedals) but its AWESOME. The chorus is definately one of the best Ive ever heard. Deep, lush, and full. You can get the most beautiful sound out of it. The Delay side of the H20 is also very good. Unlike most newer, inexpensive delays, the delay in the H20 doesnt sound all digital and fake. Its very warm, and soft.

If you couldnt tell the H20 is one of my most favorite pedals ever...I focking LOVE that thing!
I've got a Small Clone, it's a great chorus, and it'll get you q close to the My Lovely Man chorus, and the outro to it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
I've got a Small Clone, it's a great chorus, and it'll get you q close to the My Lovely Man chorus, and the outro to it.

Thanks for your replies, and everyone elses of course. Anyone have any sound samples? More opinions? Just saying "Small Clone" doesn't really help lol. There's a huge guitar sale on Monday so I need to make up my mind, but obviously at this point I'm leaning towards the Small Clone.

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
I've just bought a CS-9, but it hasn't arrived yet, so I can't tell you personally how it sounds.

John Squire of The Stone Roses used one though, and he got very nice, subtle tones out of it, nothing over the top.

Listen to this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghgQCGssy3M

This - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szJqIL6bbXc

And this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmTh9dp1rfc&mode=related&search=

They are all good examples of the CS-9 sound. For the last two videos, skip to 1:57 and 5:54 respectively to get the best examples.

Hope you enjoy, and please, get the Ibanez
what i dont like about the clone is its paint ***** of easily. just one easy scratch. but its the best chorus ever. buy it
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots