how do you use it....trying to learn Ruin - Lamb Of God...and i cant keep it on time unless i play with the song...help appreciated
BURY YOUR DEADALIVE!
tap your foot to the song, and try to get the metronome going at the same speed or like half the speed...Lamb of god is propably a pretty fast tempo I guess. Than stay with the click when you practice.
Set it at the tempo you want. Assuming your in 4/4 time, you'll want to play every note on the down beat (beat 1,2,3,4). Let's say you have a full bar of eight notes, the first eight note would be played on the "click" of the metronome, and the second would be played inbetween the first and second click.

-Basically, notes on the down beat are played at the same time as the click
-There are two eight notes to a click
-There are four sixteenth notes to a click
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

Quote by travis__002
how do you use it....trying to learn Ruin - Lamb Of God...and i cant keep it on time unless i play with the song...help appreciated

first try practicing scales/exercises with a metronome. Then practice with slow songs, and build your way up. Don't worry. I still have trouble doing smooth 16th notes with a metronome.

PS -- here's my theory to why metal bands headbang while playing: to keep time. like a metronome but better.