ok i am having a bunch of buzzing from the strings rattlin on the frets on my stingray, so i have decided to raise the action on it, but really dont want to mess it up in any way i just want to stop the rattle, so i want to be careful. plus ive never messed with the action on a stingray, can someone help me through this??? i just dont want to do anything to break or damage it, i guess all in all im just super scared thanks
were all a bunch of brothers livin in a cool way along with 6 million others in a place called L.A. --out in L.A. by rhcp
Are you a guitar tech? Do you have the tools to make the proper measurements?If you answered no to these two questions then take it to a guitar shop and have it set up the way you want by a professional. you'll be glad you did!
Quote by Zimwibwe
Are you a guitar tech? Do you have the tools to make the proper measurements?If you answered no to these two questions then take it to a guitar shop and have it set up the way you want by a professional. you'll be glad you did!

He just wants to adjust the action, not set it up.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
He just wants to adjust the action, not set it up.

Zimwibwe is correct. adjusting the action should be done by an advanced player or a professional. chances are just you are playing too hard. but if your bass has never had a pro set-up, you'll be very glad you did. a set-up adjusts the action(height of strings, over the frets), truss rod adjustment, if needed, and intonation. a set-up can be very reasonably priced at you're local music shop, if you buy a set of strings.