Page 1 of 2
I was wondering in ur opinion wots the bst power metal solo in technicallity, rythm and quality of playing as well as speed???
"Through The Fire And The Flames"- DragonForce.

Ohhhh yeah.
Ibanez SA160 electric

Old Ventura Classical
i agree but i think soldiers of the wasteland is much better and also cry for eternity. But dat is a pretty good song
I really like the solo in "Blood bound" by Hammerfall. It's not that technically dazzling, but just really sounds good.

in fact it's pretty easy. I just really like it.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Luca turilli - Demonheart

The arpeggio he does near the end of his solo, with the tapping, is awesome. Check it out, I promise you wont be dissapointed.
Quote by DeathLegionaire
Since Nevermore is Power/Thrash..

Nevermore-This Godless Endeavour

nah they're not power metal, they aren't gay enough

i would say the solos in halloween by helloween
Blind Guardian

Mirror, Mirror - just listen to the tone and the playing, or just the fills in Mordred's Song - the tone in Mirror, Mirror is undeniable - my favorite lead tone...ever

Sonata Arctica...a lot, I can't get enough of that solo riff in The Cage, that just sounds so perfect to me

It's difficult to just single out the best power metal solo/solos
-Mike
Nevermore-River Dragon Has Come, and Stratovarious-Eagleheart, not really super technical but totally serves the song.
Member #2 of the "Eggnog > Humanity" club
^^Pm Scourge441 to join

PM MackDaddy or RhinosaurBones to join the Mortal Kombat Klub. That's right, Klub with a K.

Quote by happytimeharry
wow, is that backgammon? Now that's what I call fore play...
Valley of the Damned...Dragonforce. That sweep arpeggio sounds so damn slick.
Mortalis: True Massachusettsian Thrash Metal \m/

Hypocrisy-"Hell, the ****ing corn on my dinner plate is heavier than Korn."
If you count prog/power: Symphony X - Sea of Lies

And many Sonata Arctica solos. LOL
roar
Quote by archaeon
nah they're not power metal, they aren't gay enough

i would say the solos in halloween by helloween

Definatly mirror mirror by Blind guardian, if there ever was a solo written to cause mulitple orgasms in males, its mirror mirror.
Btw,HopePoisoned......i love you
Angra-Nova Era is pretty awesome and Rhapsody of fire-Unholy warcry There are more goodones like some Nocturnal rites songs and such
Quote by DeathLegionaire
Since Nevermore is Power/Thrash..

Nevermore-This Godless Endeavour

nay, they = progressive metal.
Quote by Dead.Alone
The Revolution Deathsquad solo is one of Dragon Forces' finest moments, and it basically sums up what they're about.

Cheese?
-Mike
best power metal solo= holy thunderforce
no doubt about that.

and anyone that says new dragonforce can go to hell as most power metal bands own live,
but these tards struggle to stay on the same page (when theyre on it).
Quote by flamencogod
dragonforce isn't half as good as bands like helloween, gamma ray, sonata arctica

sonata arctica - san sebastian (because I play it)

yesssss, finally a non newb in this thread!
i was gonna pick a sonata song but i picked luca over it. Power metal has been raped by dragonforce starting to appear on tv.
I wasn't sure if to call Sonata Arctica Power Metal. I guess they are.

If so then just the whole For the Sake of Revenge live DVD. Some fun stuff in there.
-Mike
what else would you call them???? And ya, they have tons of sweet solos which they are very much able to play live, so something by them for me too. too tired to decide which right now.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
mir ist kalt...
Quote by garden of grey
nay, they = progressive metal.

i wouldn't say that either, they're jsut badass as hell
Quote by The Oceanborn
what else would you call them???? And ya, they have tons of sweet solos which they are very much able to play live, so something by them for me too. too tired to decide which right now.

I guess that's the music style, but one commonly used rule of thumb is "Swords, dragons, or LOTR".
-Mike
Gamma Ray - Valley of the kings, Beyond the black hole

Helloween - Before the War (that duel harmony bit sounds sweet)

Lost Horizon - Heart of Storm

Blind Guardian - Nightfall
Leos Rig
Gibson LP Platinum
Gibson V
ESP Ltd H-202
ESP EX-400
Engl Screamer Combo
Quote by luke89
Valley of the Damned...Dragonforce. That sweep arpeggio sounds so damn slick.

It's kinda repetitive though. But the melody in about 4:53 is awesome.

I don't listen to much power metal... mostly DragonForce and Symphony X. But anyways, my vote goes to Of Sins and Shadows by Symphony X. Gotta love string skipping and tapping.
Quote by HopePoisoned
I guess that's the music style, but one commonly used rule of thumb is "Swords, dragons, or LOTR".

lol. Well they do have lots of fantasy. based or epic (in the meaning of story-telling) songs which make them not only musicwise but also in the lyrical context very much power metal.
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
mir ist kalt...
Firewind Raging, by Firewind. Gus G is just better than you, proven fact.
Quote by rabidguitarist
manowar.

on the subject:
anyone else notice that the film '300' is like... manowar: the movie?

Quote by morbid_death
Sam, you are my hero.

Metallurgy. Traditional Metal from Brisbane
http://www.myspace.com/metallurgy
i personally love all solo's from Savage Circus. they fit the music really well imo.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Page 1 of 2