Quote by Dæmönika
I don't really consider there to be a cut-off, but if I were pressed to state a year it would be 1990.

depends. if it's rock 'n' roll it's probably like 30 years.
"modern" classis rock is probably 10 years for me.
<NHBoy> I broke my G-string while fingering a minor
<rycool> ...

Quote by cheames
you appear to have sigged on of my drunken posts
if the band "started" 1980 or before
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
gnr is not classic rock. its very hard rock. and not anything like any classic rock. it has its period of time, just not the classic rock one.
^ its opinions mods have the same one as us.
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Deadhead theres no need to report the thread... its a discussion. People have differant opinions on the matter and this is what the forum is here for.. discussion.

Personally, I go by any debuts after 1985.
ya like 1990 but there are still classic bands touring and stuff but mtv pretty much killed it i hate rap music
Quote by wilty00
Deadhead theres no need to report the thread... its a discussion. People have differant opinions on the matter and this is what the forum is here for.. discussion.

Personally, I go by any debuts after 1985.

Yes, buts its a discussion that has been had in this forum several times, and each time its been closed. I don't think the mods want it "open to discussion". It shouldn't matter what we think the cut-off date for CR is, the mods decided and that should be it. But thats what I think. If it gets closed, then I guess I'm right. If not, then I was wrong. Doesn't really matter to me.
a classic rock station that i listen to plays RHCP for some reason, im not sure how old theyve been around, but i dont think their classic rock
deadhead, no one likes you just go away because no one is going to listen to you if you feel the need to report everything.
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Quote by FreddieMercury
deadhead, no one likes you just go away because no one is going to listen to you if you feel the need to report everything.

oh no you didn't
Quote by FreddieMercury

Do you think I report stuff just for the hell of it? I only report threads that need to be reported. Threads that are breaking the rules. Plain and simple. If I think a thread is valid by the rules, then I don't really care. You only think I report everything because of the increase in reportable threads. If so many threads didn't need to be reported, I wouldn't have to do it anymore, and I would no longer seem like I report everything, right?

Nobody likes me? Since you're like, the most popular and most-liked guy on the forum, and you help me gain some popularity? Could ya mister? Pwease?
I don't limit Classic Rock to an era, I classify it by sound.
Patriarch of Zeppelinism-PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Darth Vader-PM Zeppelinpage4 to join the Empire.
Wow, you two sure seem to have a lot of arguments. Could you settle them over pms, please. Just so the threads don'r turn into "I hate j00" "U suk lol"

(not that either of you type like that, just me messin around)
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
let me think here i mean hummm
like gnr rchp for example one i think will be classic rock becuase even if you dont like them they made some timeless music..... sure its harder then most but i mean what about back in the 60's and 70's you had bands like sabbath and zeppelin and bands like CCR and queen... zepp and sabbath are way harder then queen and ccr but there all still CR so i think if a band is more then 20 to 25 years old (have been togeather but not famous) they can be considerd CR