Just thinking... With my extra b-day money (Sept 18th, w00t!) I could wither buy some effect (phaser, chorus, eq) or a BOSS TU-2 Chromatic Tuner...

Now, my guitar constantly goes out of tune, and I jam with friends quite frequently. Would a good pedal tuner (the BOSS one) be a better investment than some other effect?
Definitely. The TU-2 was the first pedal I bought (not counting the MT-2 because I'm ashamed of that purchase. lol). Looking back, it was a smart move. If you jam with a band or play shows or anything like that, it is indispensable.
i think it would better to get a effect, cause u can always getter a decent tuner for like 20$ and still get an effect.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by otherkid
i think it would better to get a effect, cause u can always getter a decent tuner for like 20$ and still get an effect.

I have a good tuner, but not in pedal format.

I think i'll go with it.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Just thinking... With my extra b-day money (Sept 18th, w00t!) I could wither buy some effect (phaser, chorus, eq) or a BOSS TU-2 Chromatic Tuner...

Now, my guitar constantly goes out of tune, and I jam with friends quite frequently. Would a good pedal tuner (the BOSS one) be a better investment than some other effect?

I'd get new tuners, so your guitar doesn't go out of tune so bad. Or get the neck checked out to see if it needs an adjustment, as my old guitar's neck got bent and went out of tune a lot until I got the neck adjusted. Get the neck checked out first.

As for the pedals, go for the TU-2. Tuners are more important than effects.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by claptonfan55
I'd get new tuners, so your guitar doesn't go out of tune so bad. Or get the neck checked out to see if it needs an adjustment, as my old guitar's neck got bent and went out of tune a lot until I got the neck adjusted. Get the neck checked out first.

Well not every time I pick it up, I just mean after big bends and playing in excess of maybe 30min.
Quote by claptonfan55

+1, i mean...u need the tuner anyway, but u may need to check out ur guitar as well....
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
Once again, it's a Squier so it's gonna go out of tune no matter what. I currently tune using my ZOOM 505II in between jams, because it is my distortion and pedal tuner. After my b-day I plan to completely eliminate it from my chain of effects because it's a real tone sucker.
it will stay in better tune with new tuners, squier tuners are crap

and is the boss tuner pedal so much better then the fender or beheringer, there much cheaper???
^Planet Waves tuner is just $10-20 more expensive, and better than the Boss, or so I've heard.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
if you get a boss tu-2 you can also get a daisy chain and power your other effects pedals with it, which is an added bonus to it being a great tuner.
i use the fender pt100...i was trying to get a hold of the pt10 cuz its so much better but the fender pt100 is just as good....
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
Listen people, I AM NOT UPGRADING MY SQUIRE AT ALL!!! I AM SAVING FOR A NEW, GOOD GUITAR.

Please just suggest a floor tuner.

I have heard bad things about the planet waves tuner eating batteries.
^ so get an adapter?

IMO, there is NO REASON to spend $99 on a tuner. I bought the Behringer one for $19.99 (had to, clutch situation! lol) and it works just as freaking good! lol
TU-2 is amazing. Best purchase Ive made for guitar. Its so precise too, and has so many features (read the manual). I also use it to power my other pedals.

Go with the TU-2
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
TU-2's aren't true bypass, are they?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I don't see the purpose in a tuner pedal instead of a regular tuner unless you have gigs.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings