I just heard Bomb by Conflict off of P.E.A.C.E./War, and it was very good. I always see them getting mentioned here, so I figure that someone could possibly give me a reccomendation for a Conflict album. Thanks for any help.
Played a show with Conflict a couple years ago and they sucked balls. And I thought it very funny that the grandfathers of anarchy were more worried about thier big tour bus, gettin thier vegan meals along with a buncha other stuff on thier rider, and the 1,500 dollar gaurantee. Buncha assholes.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
a lot of bands like that sold out in the same way. sad really.
spaking of which, i have a bunch of songs somewhere but no albums, sorry man. they were a good band, once.
Get used to it. That's why I could never get into alot of the anarcho punk bands. Seems when it comes down to it, they'll worship the almighty dollar just a much as the next person. Now I realise they came a long way, and it takes money to do that. I know from experience. But they tore ceiling tiles out and trashed the PA mics.

Everything I've heard about those guys is good. But don't have any actual experiences with them, so couldn't tell ya. Total Chaos was on that bill, and they were pretty much the same. Rob Chaos didn't even look like he was havin fun or even wanted to be on the stage while they played.

How CAN they live with promoting their anarchy and crap and not living it? I'd rather die than sell my soul to capitalism after preaching against it for so long...
Quote by ss311
How CAN they live with promoting their anarchy and crap and not living it? I'd rather die than sell my soul to capitalism after preaching against it for so long...

Let me tell ya a little secret. Capitilism isn't as evil as it seems to be. You work hard, make money, get ahead in life. Corprotations are what made capitilism a bad thing.

If it were not this late. 2AM here, I'd have said corporations instead. Just ask my brother... He's going mad with my lectures.
Only 5:49 pm here, so 'm not loopy yet. I personally like the fact that I can start a business, establish the services or good that I provide, sell them at a fair and reasonable price, and make a living. Nothin worng with that.

Not at all, I think that's a good thing. As I said before, I would have said corporations. capitalists,corps,****s I knew it began with 'c'... I dislike corporations which exploit their size etc is what I meant.
I knew what ya meant. Just droppin in my two cents on capitilism for giggles.

Quote by TN_BOOTBOY
Get used to it. That's why I could never get into alot of the anarcho punk bands. Seems when it comes down to it, they'll worship the almighty dollar just a much as the next person. Now I realise they came a long way, and it takes money to do that. I know from experience. But they tore ceiling tiles out and trashed the PA mics.

Requiem shorted all the cables on my PA and ate all of our vegan food. But I slipped some milk into their soup and told them that Oscar Meyer weiners were veggie dogs.

**** them. Telling people not to dance or smoke at shows (especially in a place where both are encouraged) is lame as ****.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Quote by whyvern
Requiem shorted all the cables on my PA and ate all of our vegan food. But I slipped some milk into their soup and told them that Oscar Meyer weiners were veggie dogs.

**** them. Telling people not to dance or smoke at shows (especially in a place where both are encouraged) is lame as ****.

That's damn funny.

That's why Fugazi can be blamed for the lame crowds at Indie Rock shows. They never let anyone dance. All the crowd does is look bored and stare the band down.
I saw Fugazi in '89 I think it was, and we danced then. They just didn;t want anyone doin stage dives or gettin on the stage.

Quote by ss311

and not dance at a show?

what are we meant to do?

Sit and listen to them talk **** about Tom Foote's house.

Anyone that talks **** about Tom Foote's house I will personally punch in the face. They are some of the nicest most caring people I've ever come across in DIY punk rock and live their lives soley for DIY punk rock... and also get the most into it I've ever seen at a show. So what if they're all alcoholics? They're all super friendly and genunely interested in what you have to say.

My bassist was a roadie for Period 3 when they were in Chattanooga and played with Requiem at Tom's house and he and Period 3 tried to hang out with Requiem and they just sat in their van on their Apple laptops not wanting to talk to any of the other punks. They had to drive to Huntsville the next day (a whole hour and a half away) and said they needed the rest... they came from Johnson City the night before (1 and a half hours from Chattanooga)... I understand being tired on tour, but I mean, not even hanging out with other punks? That's lame as ****? Why the **** do you go on tour? Money? Not if you're an anarchist.

Why is it always the anarcho-bands that have the most **** to sell too?

For those of you who don't know, I consider myself an anarchist and I have come across some good anarchists playing punk rock music in my short time doing DIY music (Surrender, Al Baker, Armed Metropolis, Slug's Revenge [Kevin is a ****ing amazing guitarist!], Whiskey Smile!, and Aghast) and I think most bands are good people.
I think Dave is one of my favourite people on this bored for his DIY ethics.
I'm glad you brought up the merch thing. Most bands I know sell thier CD's for 8-10 bucks and tshirts for 10. But Conflict had about 10 different tshirt designs and were sellin 'em for 15-20 bucks. As sell as alot of other useless crap. Oh no, we're anarchist and don't like capitilism. Yeah right.

As if it costs much to make shirts mass produced anyway... I can do 100 for less than 40 dollars I bet.
Quote by TN_BOOTBOY
I'm glad you brought up the merch thing. Most bands I know sell thier CD's for 8-10 bucks and tshirts for 10. But Conflict had about 10 different tshirt designs and were sellin 'em for 15-20 bucks. As sell as alot of other useless crap. Oh no, we're anarchist and don't like capitilism. Yeah right.

When Requiem played here, they took up all 4 of our tables for merch, my band couldn't even sell our patches (which fit in a shoebox and take up very very little room). It was lame as ****. They had ****ing DVD's a gadjillion books and a bunch of records (several bootlegged of other independent bands like Godspeed). It was just really sad to watch all of these kids ooh and aah over all the stupid **** they had for sale. I think it's cool when bands have other **** for sale but when you take up 4 tables worth of merch and have 2 people working merch, that's a bit excessive. You're not ****ing Van Halen.
Aw crap Dave, screw you seriously. I forgot I own Van Halen cds...
Quote by whyvern
Al Baker

How's he been doing? He never ended up contacting me about that show. I'm sorry we didn't have it. How'd the tour go?

And yeah, Conflict are a GREAT band, but I've never seen them, so I have no idea whether they're assholes or not.
Last edited by hardrock1315 at Aug 31, 2006,
Quote by planetary ruins
"RIGHT NOW theres a bomb factory hard at work"

That bomb factory happens to be in my town!

Al is doing fine. He's having a wonderful time on tour. He ended up jumping onto No More (Gainesville, FL)'s tour in Huntsville/Chattanooga and I don't know if he's still on tour with them. He's heading out to the west coast soon I think.
Quote by ss311
what about the subhumans, please say they aren't the same...

Other than the fact that they only reformed so that they wouldn't have to have real jobs, they seem like class-act guys. They put on a damn good show, too.

I think I'd like to see conflict live. If nothing more than nostalgia, I'd still like to see them. I think that when your band gets recognition on the scale that theirs has, it takes a lot for that to not go to your head. These guys preach about hating capitalistism and how anarchy is the only way, but they're making this their career. I'm sure they're not living like fat cats, despite having a tour bus or whatever... but they're capitalizing on this situation so that they don't have to work.

Crass obviuosly knew an evil like this would exist when they made the pact to break up in '84... of course, they still continue to capitalize by selling overpriced shirts and patches and CDs to everybody. I can understand wanting to cover cost of production, but it seems more like a lot of bands are trying to achieve a living wage off of it.

Oh well.. I'm not too sure how I feel about this anymore anyways. They want to avoid being drawn into the system they despise, but they ironically portray themselves as only wanting to make profit. I think that too many people think "oh, they're selling their shirts for X amount of dollars.. they must be living a good life." I'm sure they're not making very much at all compared to people working a real 9-5 job...