I personally don't like the inlays Agile uses on these guitars, at least in the picture. I was wondering if they look better on the actual guitar than in the picture. Also, if you have one, could you take a picture of yours and post it?

Thanks
They're abalone trapezoid inlays..what's not to like??

..don't feel like taking a closer picture, but this is an older one I have..can't really see the inlays any better..

Anyway..I like em..
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Last edited by SlipAway at Aug 31, 2006,
Alright, thanks, they don't look as bad as I thought. I dunno, on their picture they just didnt look right. Also, how do you like your epi compared to your Agile?
Not everyone likes abalone inlays. I don't mind them on this guitar. I'd choose pearloid inlays over abalone any day, but I find these nice. I took this pic a while back to show the fit of the inlay and how one of my inlays had a bit of filler on the edges, hence the red circles. They mean nothing in this picture.

The colors are obviously not 100% true to life due to the flash, but this is fairly close.

I don't know if they have any in stock, but they do make a 3100 model that's the same as the 3000, but with pearloid inlays instead.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Yeah, I just don't like all the colors, it's too colorful. And I didn't realise they had one in my color with pearloids until I had already ordered the guitar, which will be here on the 5th. I'm thinking of emailing them and asking if I can send it back and them switch it with the one coming.
It's colorful, that's for sure, but not overly. Like I said, the flash kind of brightened it and gave a bit of false color. They are darker than that. I like abalone unless it's overdone like (IMO) on the LTD Deluxe series that have not only the inlays, but the abalone inlay trim on the fingerboard, body, and headstock. On the Agile, I think it gives it a cool look that makes it stand out from other Les Paul copies.

But like I said, not everyone likes abalone, so returning / exchaning is your choice. But you'll probably have to pay the return shipping charges. I'd even consider calling them about it first thing in the morning in case they haven't shipped your guitar yet.

EDIT: (908) 624-0720 in case you decide to call isntead of emailing...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Last edited by Crunchmeister at Aug 31, 2006,
Quote by Rebirah
Alright, thanks, they don't look as bad as I thought. I dunno, on their picture they just didnt look right. Also, how do you like your epi compared to your Agile?

I can't really compare the Epi to the Agile..The Epiphone is Les Paul Special..basically a starter pack guitar..it's decent for the price, I suppose..but there's a very large number of things I can find wrong about it.. The Agile just "feels" like a more quailty guitar..
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3