Parenthetical Girls.

That is what I think anyway. I have been listening to 'Safe As Houses', and get a Xiu Xiu vibe, with a slow pop feel to it, but a sound all their own. I may be way off, but that was my initial feeling.

I am really enjoying this band.

http://www.myspace.com/parentheticalgirlsband

Give 'em another chance!!!
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Jul 22, 2008,
Hey, my last thread got 1 response by someone that wasn't me, but did I whine about it? Noooo.

I like 'em. Coincidentally, I just put on some Xiu Xiu today for the first time in a loooong while.

Edit: Deleted your other post, eh?
The voice is pretty horrid ;_;

But I do like their sound esthetic, would do better with a better voice
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I'd prefer a womans crystal like voice on this tipo of thing
No, I don't buy it. It may be interesting, in an interesting freakness way, but it does not sound good, wich is all that matters.

Final Product > concept, concept fails = nothing
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
This band needs a bump!!!!!!

Any mods want to change the title of this thread to Parenthetical Girls for me? Thanks!

I am so in love with them. I don't get why no one seems to like them here. Give them another chance!!!!!!

Haha yeah, I really cannot get into Xiu Xiu. My friends rave about them but I just never got it. However, Parenthetical Girls is pretty catchy. I like "A Song for Ellie Greenwich". It kind of gives me Cursive / Morrisey vibes?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Yeah, I understand the Morrisey comparison. I haven't listened much to Cursive though.

A Song For Ellie Greenwich is good, but for me it is all about The Weight She Fell Under and Jackie's Strength. At least for the Myspace songs. There are lots of other great tunes on their albums.
What songs of theirs do you suggest?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
I just youtubed "Here's To Forgetting" and "Stolen Children". The latter is a great song. Good find!
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by waterproofpie
Haha yeah, I really cannot get into Xiu Xiu. My friends rave about them but I just never got it. However, Parenthetical Girls is pretty catchy. I like "A Song for Ellie Greenwich". It kind of gives me Cursive / Morrisey vibes?

The Morrisey comparison is obvious, I can also see where you're coming from with Cursive, they have a sort of twisted carnival sound to 'em a la The Ugly Organ. As for the music, I can't stand Xiu Xiu, but this isn't bad, I'll have to listen a little more.

Wowww, I almost have forgotten about this band.
I remember when I first got into this band couple years back, listening to them just gives me old memories haha.

(((GRRRLS))) is Goddamn amazing, I could never stop listening to that when I first found it.
Safe as Houses was alright, just not as complete as (((GRRRLS))) was for me.

The christmas stuff is legit too.

Nice to know other people like it.