All right people its crunch time. I have been searching reviews reading 3 million different posts, looking at prices, researching, and now my brain is about to fall apart.

I had in mind that i wanted a MIM strat, which is in my pricerange, around 400 USA. But after reading reviews, its been really mixed, i love the style of the strat is what brings me towards it. But now, Agile, And EPI has come into the picture.. im not a huge fan of Ibanez body styles, its to plain for me for somereason, dont ask me why, But i know i do love the strat body, and LP bodies.... My question to you'all is.

Fanboys aside, what would be my best bet? the agile al-2500, 3000, Fender MIM Fat strat, EPI LP standard, classic. these are the guitars that really jump out at me. Ecspecially the prices on the Agiles. i figured i could go with those and if need be, upgrade in the future, and spend the extra cash on a badass Amp.

If not these which guitars should i be looking keeping in mind i love those two body styles, and the music i like to play is along the lines to, TBS (basically any band on Victory records), most Alt, John Mayer type stuff, not much Metal at all (but maybe on down the lines).

also, as a side note, what amp would compliment the guitar of choice? price in mind...

On a side side note, Please help me decide, before i just spend my 500 buck on a real nice gun with Perloid grip, and see how that plays on my head .... thanks!!! look forward to hear your suggestions...
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
fat strat i reckon.. im not a fan of les pauls and dont knw the other.
I personally cant stand the Epi LP studio... my buddy has one and I hate playing it. Agiles are suposed to be one of the best guitars you get for paying under $500
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
MIM Strat would definitely be the way to go. Ive played those lower end Epiphones and they are not very good.
Looks like its coming down to the MIM, and the Agile... what to do!!!! and what amp youall think, sorry to keep asking questions, but im still really new at this...
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
^Both can stand up to higher quality guitars with some mods, so it's up to you really.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
If you like TBS and every other band victory records has, then go with the Epi Les Paul. Epis are GREAT guitars. TBS only uses Gibsons/Epis. In all they're videos one person uses an SG while the other uses a Les Paul or Leas Paul Hollow Body. In concert they uses Les Pauls a lot, so the Les Paul would e a great guitar for you. I have a mexican strat and i'm thinkin about getting an Epi Les Paul too.

Also, pretty much every band with Victory records uses Les Pauls.
Last edited by curlyhead_P at Aug 31, 2006,
sounds great, i guess i am really leaning towards that Agile, its just looks freaking 2 sweet to pass up. and with all the great reviews, and i hear Rondo is great with Cust. service, i think it will be a great deal... unless anyone else has ideas, im going with that, that way also i can have some extra money to upgrade the PUPS, or get an even better amp... any i should be looking for? also for the PUPS any thing i should look for?
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

a better amp might be the way to lean, that when when you get a better guitar it will sound even better.
Epi LP Standard would be my suggestion. But play all of them if you can and figure out what you like.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
MIM strats are the real deal. Agiles are kinda meh, epi's are ok, but you seem to be a strat man and they are plenty cheap.
^You're a Gibby man... and Agiles > Epis.

Anyways, threadstarter, which amp do you currently use?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
No amp at all ATM, This will be my first Rig. thats why im needing the help...

and even tho i thought i settled on the agile, i still have been reading reviews for the last 3 hours lol!

They say the Agile > EPI so it makes me lean to it as i was either going the EPI classic quilt top, agile, MIM strat... but the more i read and look at the damn Agile, the more it tempts me..

This is a hard freaking choice. im not going to lie... I cant touch the Agile... but i can touch the EPI Classic LP, and the Strat..

That EPI, really catches my eye, with free shipping, and since its labor day, 25 dollar coupon from Musiciansfriend.com. and the Fender with the same 25bucks and shipping.

since i cant touch the Agile, im going to have to Go away from it.

So now lol , i have yet again switched it up
and its EPI classic Quilt top @ 379US VS Fender Fat Strat MIM at 399US

And still have no idea what type of amp would compliment the two, basically im stuck between a rock and a hard place again...
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

If you can't get an Agile, get a Fat strat, more versatility.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
They say that a strat can sound like a les paul, but a les paul can't sound like a strat. A strat is a great first guitar, but then again, it depends on whats best for you.