my buddy and i are having a dissagreement, i think that if you buy a 5 string guitar, the added string is lower than E. he thinks it goes higher than G. which one of us are right?
Lower, Your right
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
your both right, most manufacturers make BEADG but you can also get an EADGC and search around before you post its been asked numerous times.
usually the low b, they're easier to find, but one can find the high c if they look around
Quote by CrazyBassist
your both right, most manufacturers make BEADG but you can also get an EADGC and search around before you post its been asked numerous times.

Why didn't this thread end after this post?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
^to reaffirm the correct post. notice how 2 ppl said low b, 1 said both, and 1 said usually low and sometimes high. reitteration is a good way to find the right answer, even tho annoying and not the best way.

but anyways, you can pick low or high. but seeing as bass is for low notes, the majority of ppl would select the low B as opposed tot he high C.
Ok, a string tuned down a fourth is added. It's always down a fourth. Normal 5 string basses are BEADG, with low B added. Five string tenor basses are EADGC, with a low E added.
As far as I was aware, it was both. You can buy both a BEADG with the low B or a EADGC with the high C added. Regardless of names, there both 5 string basses.