I've recently resumed my tube amp project that I started ages ago and never got into. I realy don't know anything about replacing caps and what the wiring and stuff is supposed to look like and I was just needing some help and or advice on some things. The pictures aren't high quality since I took them with my phone but if anyone can identify some of these things I would appreciate it. Also if you see anything that looks like it needs replaced let me know. Thanks.

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/ESP_EMG/
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
I know aye. Im afraid that it might actually be the original wiring job. Because my grandpa had it before me and the only thing he did was put the crappy power chord on it. I hate not knowing tube amps or just how the guts of an amp works anyways.
if is some un-named amp then your pretty screwed, you'll probably need a schem to make this easier, then you can rearrange all the wiring and make it nice and neat
The amp is a Gretsch 6161 electromatic. So at least its not an unknown brand. Wheres power freak when you need him?
first of all, step away from the amp, as tube amps, especailly the caps contain leathal voltages that WILL kill you, not can kill you, WIL kill you if they get to you. go to ampage and 18watt.com and ask around there. also google the amp. also, as far as vintage tube amps go, thats not really a particularly messy job. there were no pcbs, everything was handwired.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
I definitly didnt go digging around in there,lol. I almost crapped myself a couple times taking the tubes out and what not cause I really didn't know if I touched one of those transformers with the bottom of the tube or something like that what would happen. I looked for the wiring schematic(SP?) and all gretsch pages had was the 6162,. I still wonder if power freak could help a bit?